500 electronic ignition

Stempy

500 electronic ignition

Post by Stempy »

Hi
As per title , any complete after market electronic ignitions for sale,

At present I have a NLM replacement one fitted but lost the spark to one of the coils and the other is week so need to do some more diagnostic work ,
So I will be looking for spares or time to upgrade to another system .
Cheers
Stempy
Steve Brown

Re: 500 electronic ignition

Post by Steve Brown »

In your position I'd be looking at those transducers being made and marketed in Italy-the ones that include the tacho drive connection.
There were posts on here recently detailing who was making and selling them.
I have used the blue scooter transducers with success and they do have an advance curve, it may not be as wide ranging as the originals or the new ones though.
The digital systems on offer look attractive but I'd prefer to have an upgrade to the charging system too.
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
Stempy

Post by Stempy »

Traced no spark to faulty L/H pickup, anyone have a spare?
IMG_4912.jpeg
IMG_4912.jpeg (123.42 KiB) Viewed 3141 times
Cheers
Stempy
mbmm350s

Post by mbmm350s »

Hi,
I have a box of spares of these all of which have the similar problems after usage, impossible* to adjust to the tiny clearance needed and one of both of the coil packs is loose, so I would advise not to use, but replace as Steve says with the Luzzi pickup or with a Sachse digital system.

You can mail alexluzzi@gmail.com, in English, and he will help with the pickup and transducers.

*yes some people have been able to get them to work reliably but too much time and effort is needed.

Mark
Stempy

Post by Stempy »

Thanks for the reply, I have some spare parts on the way from a kind morini owner,just been looking at alternatives and came across this system , any one had any experiences?

https://swf-ignitionsystems.nl/product/morini/

Cheers