Corsaro 125 lighting system

Singles built before the Lambertini era
Steve Brown

Corsaro 125 lighting system

Post by Steve Brown »

I have the bike mostly back together and running now, but need advice on the lighting please.
Bike is a 1962 model and i have tge wiring diagram but cant work out the light switch functions and not sure either about whether the lighting is a mix of AC and DC as on a kanguro etc?
All wiring reconnected as before and the stop lamp, tail lamp, pilot lamp and hooter all work from the battery.
Is this correct?
Should the headlamp be AC direct from the alternator?
Is the centre position of the light switch 'off'?
Anyone got a diagram of the switch functions/internal connections please?
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
Steve Brown

Re: Corsaro 125 lighting system

Post by Steve Brown »

I've half answered my own question now. An afternoon messing in the garage included me gritting my teeth and taking the switch apart. It's simpler than I expected and needs a good clean like everything else on this bike did.
Some of the wiring harness has age related issues and there were one or two snags placed in by previous owners, oh and one wire colour that disagreed with the diagrams.
I'm going to to try and draw the switch connections and a schematic in case anyone else wants to know. Don't expect a professional diagram though. :wink:
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

Well that was a good afternoon. All jobs jobbed and everything works! To answer what I asked last post-
The switch positions-middle is all lights off, anti clockwise is pilot/parking lights (DC battery supplied obvs), and clockwise is headlight and tail light (AC flywheel generator supplied)
I have a scrappy schematic of the switch contacts and connection now and will do a neater version for my records later. Is there any call for them to be posted here? Or in the main website perhaps?
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

Does anyone have a dip/horn switch to spare please? Mine has finally dipped it's last dip and fallen apart. I did reassemble it once but it hasnt lasted long.