Coguaro 350 engine parts.

Camel, Sahara, Kanguro, Coguaro
RobinSF1

Coguaro 350 engine parts.

Post by RobinSF1 »

Hi, I have found a 350 coguaro non runner. The info I have is bent conrod and valve embedded in piston. No other details. Probably other damage like bent pushrods to be expected.

How interchangeable are engine components with other 350s and would older 350 engines drop in? Unsure if the coguaro starter caused changes to be made to the frame or engine mounting plates.

Could be an interesting project!
norbert

Re: Coguaro 350 engine parts.

Post by norbert »

A bent conrod will not be caused only by a broken cambelt :roll:
Cilinder and pistons are the nikasil ones, conrods are not the ones from the 350 1st series. If you want to place the motor with its electric starter in a street model frame there might be some trouble (maybe easier in the older, not bended, 350 frames). Pushrods are interchangable in all 350 models.
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

This is interesting so I have sent you a pm.
John
RobinSF1

Post by RobinSF1 »

Thanks both, useful input.
hombre

Post by hombre »

The engine with the startermotor in front won't fit other frames except for the first 350 ones with the straight front tubes as Norbert said. I noticed that they don't fit the older Excalibur-frames, so they probably won't fit the older offroadbikes-frames as well. It's only the startermotor that makes the engine longer so older enignes will fit easily.
julianharty

Post by julianharty »

Robin,
did you end up buying the Coguaro? The core engine is interchangable with that of the standard (older) 350. I run a 501 engine with Kokosan ignition and the older LHS clutch casing - so kickstart only - in a 3 1/2 K1 Sport. I'd happily have the LHS casing and starter motor (with all the gubbins) if you don't want/need it.

FWIW there were brand new conrods for sale at Novegro near Milan a week ago, Franco Nanni had them (I bought new old stock piston rings from him). He only speaks Italian; I can ask him on your behalf. No idea of how much, assume around £100 each for the moment - he tends to know how much things are worth so few bargains unless they're odd items like the 125/250 seat I bought from him for 50 euros.

ATB

Julian
RobinSF1

Post by RobinSF1 »

The possible purchase has gone quiet. The bike belongs to a friend of a friend who lives 6 hours away. He was going to send photos, but hasn't yet. Evidently he doesn't live near the bike. One day maybe!
julianharty

Post by julianharty »

Understood, let's hope that day comes soon I reckon they're fun bikes to ride and use.