phbh26 carb strip where are all the seals?

Maestro, SEI-V
bigred

phbh26 carb strip where are all the seals?

Post by bigred »

Hi newbie here. I am stripping the carbs to replace all the seals and gaskets as the chock jet seal in particular has just fallen to pieces. I got a gasket/seal kit from dellorto but there seems to be alot more seals and gaskets in the kit than I can see on the carb.
I have removed the idle mixture screw but there doesnt seen to be any on it although the dellorto diagram/parts list shows one. Is it at the botton of the idle screw hole? Do I have to hook it out somehow?
Can anyone give me a list of which ones need replacing and where?
I have done the obvious choke mechanisim seals on the bowl jet and the cover. Also the slide cover and bowl seals but there seems to be a lot over. Cheers.
'It must be a .....'

Re: phbh26 carb strip where are all the seals?

Post by 'It must be a .....' »

The pilot and throttle stop screws O rings and the metal washers often stick together so when you look in the holes it can look like they are missing
To remove cut a piece of wire at an angle with pliers to make a barb

You already have a parts diagram as a guide and it is always a good idea to grease the O rings/fibre washers when screwing a carb together

From memory
O rings- carb top, choke jet and plunger lid, pilot jet and throttle stop screws, float bowl top (later plastic bowls also have O rings on the main jet holder)
Fibre washers - fuel banjo base and screw, float bowl jet, main jet holder (alloy float bowls)

The O rings on the pilot/throttle screws and the choke jet need to be in perfect condition and need replacing more frequently
bigred

Post by bigred »

Thanks very much. The pilot screw had a metal washer covering the seal. I will do all those you mentioned.
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

The small metal washer goes next to the spring , this then protects the O ring from damage.
As said do have a good look with a light inside as O rings can get stuck.
Be careful not to overtighten pilot screws prior to setting for best idle.
John
hendre

Post by hendre »