Strada top yoke and rear sets.

Arfer Job

Strada top yoke and rear sets.

Post by Arfer Job »

Hi folks. I’m looking for a 3 1/2 strada top yoke to fit Marzocchi forks if anyone has one they’d be willing to sell. Also a decent set of rear sets.
Im too old to contort on a sport with standard bar/pegs setup.
George 350

Re: Strada top yoke and rear sets.

Post by George 350 »

Hi,
Sorry but don't have what you are looking for, but may I suggest you fit either one or the other, not both? You might well find that just fitting the rearsets will make the bike more enjoyable. My Sport has been this way since the early '80's and is still comfortable for really long rides (as long as the long rides don't cross cities!) and I'm now in my mid 60's.
I did once ride an LC250 in an endurance race that had standard LC handlebars and rearsets and it was agony. The previous year the same bike had 'ace' bars and rearsets and it was fine.
Rearsets will need a folding brake lever or a kickstart extender (or both!)
Regards,
George
George
350 sport 1978, 350 Strada 1978
650 Norton 1967, 650 Kawasaki 1977 and 650 Enfield 2019
Arfer Job

Post by Arfer Job »

Thanks for the response George. I hadn’t intended to fit both together just try the clip ons with the rear sets and strada type bars with standard footrests to see which I preferred.
Morini Jen

Post by Morini Jen »

Oddly enough, I ran my 350 K1 Sport for several years with a Strada top yoke, high bars off a Triumph T500 Daytona, and Tarozzi rearsets. Maybe it is down to my short legs but I found it perfectly comfortable. A friend once took it for it's M.O.T. Test whilst I was at work. The trip was about twelve miles each way. When I asked him how he had got on, he said it was the weirdest and most uncomfortable motorcycle it was ever his misfortune to sit upon. So, I guess everybody is different.

But, I digress..

This bit is for you, Arfer...

I have now removed the Tarozzis from my bike and, if you like, I'd be happy to lend them to you to try out. The kickstart extender is still on the bike but if you decide you want the rearsets I will include it in the deal. I also have a cunning plan as to how to get them to you to avoid messing about with postage etc.. If you are interested I will post up a couple of photos.

Jenny.
Arfer Job

Post by Arfer Job »

Hi Jenny. That’s very kind of you. Where are you located please as I’m happy to travel if not too far.
Arfer Job

Post by Arfer Job »

Should have added yes please if you have some pictures. Thanks. Paul.
norbert

Post by norbert »

Has anyone combined a Paioli top yoke from the first Stradas with the lower yoke of a Marzocchi fork?
I think the geometry should be the same and hence possible.
Any coments about that?
'It must be a .....'

Post by 'It must be a .....' »

Hi Norbert, at the Marches Moto Italia day there was an early drum brake Strada with a Paioli top and Marzocchi bottom yokes
Laverda 500 Marzocchi and DKW/HerculesW2000 Ceriani yokes also have the same geometry and there are probably many more possibilities?

Have fun, Ian
norbert

Post by norbert »

Thanks for that soothing info.

The coming weekend will be the 43rd german meeting near Krombach (500 km from Lübeck)
Can´t find my flippers and snorkel :roll: :lol:
Morini Jen

Post by Morini Jen »

Hi Paul.

Her are some photos of the rearsets, the kickstart extender and an exploded diagram which may prove useful...
Attachments
Tarozzi Disc r45.jpg
Tarozzi Disc r45.jpg (112.73 KiB) Viewed 4583 times
Tarozzi 02r15.jpg
Tarozzi 02r15.jpg (174.5 KiB) Viewed 4583 times
Tarozzi 01r15.jpg
Tarozzi 01r15.jpg (216.9 KiB) Viewed 4583 times
Morini Jen

Post by Morini Jen »

Phew, it took me several goes to get that to work.

Still, when it comes to handing them over to you I have a cunning plan (which depends if you have free time on a Thursday) and a less cunning plan.

The cunning plan...
Every other Thursday a group of about twenty of us from the Midlands VMCC Section meet up at the National Motorcycle Museum to do a bit of voluntary work. We meet in the Cafe at 10am and spend a couple of hours in the halls dusting down the bikes, polishing nickel parts, emptying the drip trays and so on. Then around 12 noon we enjoy free coffee and biscuits and a good old natter. The next session is this coming Thursday 22nd June.
If you have the time to join us (you can arrive and leave whenever you like) I could give you the rearsets and you will get to see all the bikes for free aswell as free refreshments.

The less cunning plan...
We could meet at the Museum on a day/time to suit you. That would shorten your journey by about twelve miles.
Arfer Job

Post by Arfer Job »

Thanks Jenny. Yes please to the rear sets. They look ideal. I’ll send a personal message with my phone number if that’s ok with you. I can normally do Thursdays but unfortunately not this week. In fact I can normally do most days.
mbmm350s

Post by mbmm350s »

With respect to top yoke

My friend runs a Norton/Matchless hybrid in Pre-65 scrambles,
these commonly have Marzocchi 35mm, or Ceriani forks. His top yokes look likely to work for you.
Everything seems to be interchangeable. You just need to confirm the top yoke centres and stem bore size.

This site he uses has components which are applicable to Moto Morinis as well, especially Marzocchi spares.

You would likely have to ask about trials/road type top yoke as separate item.

https://classicandvintagesuspension.co.uk

Three are some parts under used spares.

cheers
Mark
hombre

Post by hombre »

Maybe try to find yokes from a Kanguro? You need both, but they also have 35 mm legs.
rossguzzi

Post by rossguzzi »

A long shot perhaps, but any Strada top clamps for sale ??
Cheers.