Learning about the 350

The 3 1/2 forum
3potjohn

Learning about the 350

Post by 3potjohn »

Finished work at 0730 today(we NEVER close,a useful thing for all us bikers) Did I go to sleep not a bit.Sun was shining and bike needs a bit more running in yet I feel.
A nice ride up to Taunton and back with nary a drop of oil under the bike Only about 60 miles I guess but very enjoyable. A miracle considering how much oil I put in it.
Whether it's right or wrong Audi Laser Red is a damn close match for whatever red the bike is currently wearing. My homemade Marzocchi fork stickers downloaded,printed,fixed and stuck on with evostick are still looking good (what a tightwad)Next project the Morini logo on the seat perhaps.
Every time I go out I seem to meet someone who raves on about Morinis. This is truly remarkable. I am obviously in love.
Anyhow enough of these Ricard induced ramblings in the fading light....
I have some questions about the brakes,it's a 3 disk model.
1)Has anyone got one of the covers that clip over the caliper to cover the pads as I have not got one on the back.
2)The front hydraulics consist of 2 rubber pipes emerging from the brake lever m/c end and travelling all the way to each front caliper. Is this right? On most bikes I have seen there is a splitter fixed to the lower fork clamp, with a single feed up to the m/c
3) What are the best pads for normal/ brisk road use?
Thanks for any help -as always I am eager to learn
moriniuk

Post by moriniuk »

I don't think that the brake hose set up you have is original, but what you have will be a better set up, in my opinion.

I use Ferodo pads and I've also used Newfren. Both were ok.
3narf

Post by 3narf »

I think NewFren are the only ones available nowadays...