Strada near Louth

The 3 1/2 forum
Dean Brown

Strada near Louth

Post by Dean Brown »

One of the many wonderful things about taking a Morini out for a run is that one bumps into other Morini riders when one least expects it. I’ve met three in as many weeks here in Lincolnshire. One of the owners is looking to sell his Strada. I’ll not be so bold as to put it in the For Sale section as I can’t remember exactly how much he wants for it (I have 2 ½ K in my head, but don’t hold me to it!). As you can see it’s circa ‘78 and is in full working order, on the road. You may all know the owner already, Bryan Lingard, but if not, and if you’re interested, I can put you in touch with the guy.
Cheers, Dean
Dean Brown

Re: Strada near Louth

Post by Dean Brown »

Sorry, not too sure what's happened to the pic there. The bike, and the origional pic, does have a front end, honest.
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Dean, if you resize the image to 600x800 it should fit the page. I'd quite like to see the rest of the bike!
"I'll have a V please, Bob."
Dean Brown

Post by Dean Brown »

That's better.
Stunty69

Post by Stunty69 »

Is that an original colour scheme? looks nice!
have the cases been polished or were they like that as standard?

ohhhh questions, questions,,,, questions....
Dean Brown

Post by Dean Brown »

Stunty69 wrote:Is that an original colour scheme? looks nice!
have the cases been polished or were they like that as standard?

ohhhh questions, questions,,,, questions....
I hope this helps,
"Hi Dean.
The tank and side panels were in boxes as supplied new, So I have no idea if the colour was specified or not before they were supplied. I was hoping someone in the club would tell me. The only covers that are polished are the two on the left hand side and I think that is standard. The crank case has just been rubbed over with solvol, not really polished. When I got it it had been stood unprotected in a garage, so it was very dirty, all I have done is clean it.
Best Regards
Bryan"
Emmohaswheelsagain

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

Hi Dean,

I must use different roads to everybody else as I have never seen another Morini out on the roads near Louth.
I must clearly get out more!
I know you have a few but I've no more room at the moment so Bryan will have to find another prospective buyer. I would be happy to help Bryan if he wants more information on his bike. Its not completely standard but what is after 30+ years.

Regards

Paul
Dean Brown

Post by Dean Brown »

Hi Paul, good to hear from you. I bumped into Bryan while I was getting the Sport MoT'd. The reason I was getting it done was so that I could bimble along to your ride out last Sunday. My wife decided she was off to Henley for the weekend which left the kids and I home and dry. I hadn't met Bryan prior to the MoT but I'd certainly seen him out and about on bikes. He owns a 1938 Matchless type X and a lovely little AJS 500 twin, a Benelli Tornado, also for sale, etc. Lots of bikes in fact.
The family and I visited Old Bolingbroke a few weeks ago and popped into the pub there. The landlady has a Morini Kanguro or Camel, I forget which, while the landlord has a beautiful 1200!
Morinis, common as muck.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

That pub sounds like a great place for a MRC meeting venue!

Over to you, Paul... :lol: :lol: :lol:

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
Tufftrax

Post by Tufftrax »

Very good idea Chris - probably fairly close to Cadwell Park too. My have a ride out that way in a couple of weeks to check it out (about 40 or 50 miles from home so a good excuse for a decent run, weather permitting).

There is a race meeting at Cadwell on 4th September (only £10 if booked early) and the boys from MRC are racing their bitza 500cc racer on that day apparently. May be worth a look and to show support from our trusted supplier of Morini gear.
Emmohaswheelsagain

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

Hi Dean,

I don't know Old Bolingbroke or the pub but it would be good if we could use the pub as a meeting point one month.
I'm sure we could organise a ride out finishing back at the pub for some refreshment. What do you think? Is there anybody else in the area who would join us? I'm busy the next weekend down at Benzina and the following weekend I'm in the Midlands for their section ride out. But after that I would be OK.

Regards

Paul