vin number

The 3 1/2 forum
greenie60

vin number

Post by greenie60 »

when i first got my Strada i registered it as a historic vehicle at the post office but since then and over 6 weeks ago i have not received a v5 back. i have gone online to get a new one which i am going to be charged £25 for a replacement that I haven't lost ! and they are asking for the vin number. i found the number A3 19070 stamped on a plate on the lower central frame just rear of the engine and on the engine the same number. is the vin ? as the dvla don't recognise it. if it isn't where is it please
Steve Brown

Re: vin number

Post by Steve Brown »

That number IS the frame number and there is no VIN in the modern sense. So the frame number is what it should be registered on. DVLA can occasionally take a while to do things but your case sounds odd. If you managed to register it as historic you must have had a reg number at some point surely?
Also as yours has an engine number that matches it is most likely a UK supplied bike. Did you have no V5/Green slip from the seller? Or any documentation?
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
greenie60

Post by greenie60 »

i have the new owners green slip still
greenie60

Post by greenie60 »

ooops. just found the remainder of the v5 IN MY NAME !. so i did have a v5 after all but i definitively haven't received a new one back yet.