Starter motor rebuild

The 3 1/2 forum
elektrobank

Starter motor rebuild

Post by elektrobank »

Hi all!
During the coronavirus lockdown I have a lot of free time so now it's time to rebuild the starter motor
As usual sourcing parts is the hardest parts
I will need the bronze gear, the seals and some cushions,
I found an universal chain 3/8 on ebay will cut as needed
Were do you all usually buy these parts online? Many thanks,
Gianluca
cosworth
924T
Camel 501
Steve Brown

Re: Starter motor rebuild

Post by Steve Brown »

elektrobank wrote:Hi all!
During the coronavirus lockdown I have a lot of free time so now it's time to rebuild the starter motor
As usual sourcing parts is the hardest parts
I will need the bronze gear, the seals and some cushions,
I found an universal chain 3/8 on ebay will cut as needed
Were do you all usually buy these parts online? Many thanks,
Gianluca
Here in UK it would most likely be Mdina Italia for the gear and brushes. They took over from NLM for the spares supply. The bearings and seals from a bearing supplier is usually best. As you are in the bikes home country though I guess there will be suppliers more local to you?
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
elektrobank

Post by elektrobank »

Steve Brown wrote:
Here in UK it would most likely be Mdina Italia for the gear and brushes. They took over from NLM for the spares supply. The bearings and seals from a bearing supplier is usually best. As you are in the bikes home country though I guess there will be suppliers more local to you?
Here in Italy I can found many parts but unusual parts like the bronze gears is like the unobtanium... Here we have "Cesare luzzi" shop sells only morini parts but you can find belts common oil seals valves but no uncommon parts
I think I will need to fabricate something for the cushions behind the brake shoes...?
Will Chek on mdina site, thanks
cosworth
924T
Camel 501
julianharty

Post by julianharty »

In Milano I met Franco Nanni who has lots of Moto Morini spares for sale. He was very friendly and helpful, you could try asking him? I will send you a personal message (PM) with his contact info, if anyone else needs them please ask. I don't want to put them here in public without his OK.