Fuel injector light

Anything to do with the 1200 'Scrambler' series
adamski

Fuel injector light

Post by adamski »

Hi, the fuel injector light on my scrambler is permanently on. I have gone through the diagnostic test on the dash and it says....ATMOSf.PRESS SC GND. Does anyone know what this means. Apart from the annoying yellow light the bike runs great. Any info/help much appreciated thanks Adam.
Ralph

Re: Fuel injector light

Post by Ralph »

I would think that the atmospheric pressure sensor was reporting a out of specification reading to the ECU,
or there was a wiring problem to that sensor, If you have the resistance values you can test it with a multimeter,
but have a good look at it's wiring, and if they are cheap it would be worth replacing it, maybe a call to NLM
would get you the info on how much they are and how to test them. It runs ok due to the ECU because it is
getting a out of spec reading is substituting a known safe setting.
Ralph
1975 Strada 3 1/2
Knott End NW UK

Image Image
butchamphib

Post by butchamphib »

Before you do anything pull every plug dry them and put them back together with elecrical grease I had to do mine after the first ride in rain, the granpasso was fine it came with everything greased.
adamski

Post by adamski »

Hi, it's been a while since I posted this issue, and thanks for the replies.
I had the problem fixed at NLM and the problem was a faulty atmospheric sensor which lives behind the head light, looks like a memory stick attached on a bracket. Cost £75 and had to ordered from the factory, took two weeks to arrive.