Recommend plugs

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
johnwh

Recommend plugs

Post by johnwh »

Just starting a full service on my 2007 Corsaro Veloce that previously was entrusted to a shop when it had done 12000klms. Un be known to me they had put in CR8EK s which looks ok on removal but maybe a little white on the electrode and the recommended heat range in the manual is a 9.
Do you think I should put in the recommended plug ?
What do most people run ?
Cheers John
morini_tom

Re: Recommend plugs

Post by morini_tom »

I’ve never serviced my 2008 Corsaro myself other than changing fluids but looking back at my service notes, the first service mine had with a plug change CR8EK were fitted. This was done back in 2010 by the then importers who had a good relationship with what was the factory at that time, so I would trust the 8 as being ok and possibly even advised by the factory at that time.

I’ve never had any running issues with mine. As an 8 is a hotter heat range than a 9 for NGK plugs, the 8 will likely have better self cleaning capability which will help prevent plug fouling, as we know our corsaros like to run rich.

If your plugs show no signs of overheating, and if you’ve never experienced knock then I would say it’s ok to stick with the 8.
johnwh

Re: Recommend plugs

Post by johnwh »

Cheers mate, my thoughts also but always good to have another opinion. Thanks for your reply.
I am really enjoying setting everything up to check the valves. I purchased the bike about 4 years ago and only done about 14000 klms on it myself that has been absolutely trouble free. Thought it was about time to check the clearances even though i haven’t detected any change in the running of the bike.
Early last year I put a Nitron rear shock in the rear and re lubed the swing arm and all the linkages. The ride feel was transformed and better able to manage our deteriorating roads here in Victoria.
I’m really attached to the big Morini as about as modern a bike as I want and still ‘analogue’. Having said that I’m not against all the modern electronic advancements.
I also have an 81 Jota i purchased in the early 80s that has done a lot of Ks that i still ride often and between these 2 and a KLR 650 I bang around on in the high country, I’m a reasonably happy old man.
Cheers again