Dunlop Sportmax Q2

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
Guvo

Dunlop Sportmax Q2

Post by Guvo »

I have just replaced the standard fitment Pirelli Diablo rear,which lasted 10500 kilometers with the following rear hoop.Time will tell how much of an improvement they are over the old pirelli's. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGhMzie-boE http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/1/3841/Mo ... eview.aspx
Beveldrive

Re: Dunlop Sportmax Q2

Post by Beveldrive »

Geez Guvo, 10500kays from your rear Diablo? I only got 5500 from mine before it needed replacement, and that was without going near a racetrack. Are you sure you're riding her properly? :wink:
I replaced mine with another Diablo as I don't like to mix and match my tyres, by the time the front's worn out I'll buy a new pair, probably in another 5000 or so kays. I'm thinking about the new Diablo Rosso Corsas, all the sticky stuff in the right places but a harder compound in the middle so you don't have to worry about wearing a flat spot on the way to work and back.
I've read two features on the new Sportmax in the Aussie mags, although they seemed more like advertorials than honest reviews, as far as I can tell the biggest difference they've made is in having the higher profile for more side contact, something that Pirelli and some others have been doing for quite a while already.
I am a bit of a natural cynic though, so make sure you let us all know how the Dunlop goes.
vtxbrit

Post by vtxbrit »

Hi guys,

I have run Pirelli’s on my last 3 bikes Benelli tnt (now sold),Tuono (still have) and the Veloce (still have) I love the Pirelli Diablo super Corsa mainly because of the fantastic grip they give, only problem was the short life span (less than 2000 miles on the back) and this figure excludes any track events. A mate talked me into trying the Pilot Power 2CT’s since putting them on I have done 3400 miles on the Tuono and 1800 miles on the MM I can tell you they give the same grip as the Diablo’s they warm up quicker and the Tuono set has about 400 miles left on the back so I will get about 3800 miles from a set.
I also rode an MV around brands the end of last year which was on 2CT’s and they performed brilliantly, predictable traction and didn’t tear up much, I highly recommend them to all V twin owners.

ps. well done for getting over 6000 miles from the standard tyres.......I'm so Jealous :)

vtxbrit
Corsaro Veloce
Aprilia TuonoV4 APRC
4V 500 Weslake Barber grass tracker
2V 500 Jawa Hagon grasstracker
500 Jap 4B Barber grasstracker
500 Jap 5stud jawa speedway
Beveldrive

Post by Beveldrive »

vtxbrit wrote: ps. well done for getting over 6000 miles from the standard tyres.......I'm so Jealous :)

vtxbrit
You're not jealous at all "vtxbrit", you're just bragging now aren't you? 8)
vtxbrit

Post by vtxbrit »

Hey Beveldrive, I'm merely pointing out how crap the UK roads are :P :wink:
Corsaro Veloce
Aprilia TuonoV4 APRC
4V 500 Weslake Barber grass tracker
2V 500 Jawa Hagon grasstracker
500 Jap 4B Barber grasstracker
500 Jap 5stud jawa speedway