Baffled?

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
Zeus44

Baffled?

Post by Zeus44 »

I've had to fit the baffles to my Veloce – I adore the de-baffled sound but it is simply too noisy when I start it up at 6.00 on a Sunday morning.

I'm a little disappointed by the massive difference in sound with the baffles in – is there any other option such as different Termi baffles that get back somewhere towards the aggression of the debaffled cans? (Or should I simply get my drill out and attack the existing baffles?)

Any help very gratefully received.
V-Fun

Post by V-Fun »

Hi Zeus
Interesting topic as the sound of a bike is subjective...

I personally prefer the bike with the baffles in: IMO without them the bike does sound aggressive, but harsh and perhaps a bit crude?

The termi's are fruity with the baffles in - mine would turn the heads of an entire High Street.

Each to their own though.

As to taking a drill to the existing ones..If your are never going to sell the bike or do so before it ever needs an MoT.

Otherwise you could just screw-up £800 worth of termi's.

Any restrictions in the wrong place could also affect the running of your bike or rob you of power.

Some companies sell after market 'DB killers' and it might be worth investigating this or having something made-up by a knowledgeable engineering shop.

Hope this helps - I'd rather be woken by Termi's than the screams of neighbour's children!

Regards
Stephen R
franky

Post by franky »

leave them out... its sounds ace without them. Your neighbours will get use to it.... mine have :oops:
V-Fun

Post by V-Fun »

Franky
Wish I had your neighbours...

I have the only bikes in my neighbourhood and am made to feel like a serious minority.

S
Zeus44

Post by Zeus44 »

Thanks for the replies.

As V-Fun says, it is highly subjective – If it were just the neighbours then I'd most likely leave them out, but I also have 2 clients who have their own stables close to the house – I don't think they'd be too happy with me banging and blasting my way down their drive!

I'll have a look around and see if there are any half-way houses. If I find anything I'll let you know!

One questions: Is it OK to have baffles in and Race ECU in? It certainly seems to run OK, if not a touch thirsty.

Z
V-Fun

Baffled?

Post by V-Fun »

Z
When I collected my bike from 3X the technicians told me that the bike doesn't run as well with Race ECU and baffles in.

BUT I have not got the miles under my belt or depth of technical knowledge that some have on this forum.

I'm sure somebody can answer based upon personal experience.

Be interested to read any feedback on this, particularly now that many will have done some serious miles.

Regard
Stephen R
Splodge

Post by Splodge »

I know what you mean about the noise Zeuss, I heard your actual bike running at the BMF (I was asking about the pipes) - I thought it embarrassingly loud.
I live in a small village that often gets the 'sunday' boys blasting through on their loud-piped race reps and it really gets on my nerves - so I don't feel that I should do the same to others.
When actually riding I think the incredible rasping inductuion noise is the best bit anyway. Each to their own as they say.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

I'm with you Spolge - the noise from beneath the seat as you open the throotle is one of the most addictive substances I know - its something to do with the way its accompanied by this strange rushing sensation and pulling of the arms out of the sockets... :lol:

Its just snowed here - but soon it'll be playtime....

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
franky

Post by franky »

anyone heard a de-baffled and de-catted(sp) corsaro? I've got a de cat pipe to fit later in the year and i'm wondering how much extra noise its going to release? maybe just the same but a little deeper?
Guvo

De Baf-De Cat

Post by Guvo »

Franky: I think the note would be deeper,boomier and louder,wonderful.Keep us posted on the sound, mapping,tuning, ect.
nfitz

Post by nfitz »

Just to update - I'm running a standad CORSARO (slip-ons are made by termi FYI) and whilst they are certainly heavier than the TermI ones on the Veloce and they dont look as cool, they are aparently more free flowing according to the pepople that requalry map Corsaro's.
I have the QD CAT free pipe on my bike for the past 6 months and the extra release of mid range is great. Cant quantify the bhp as I dodnt dyno it before/after. And dont realy notice any exhaust note change.
I have a dyno booked at ManiacMotors in Neurenburg to get the PC111 custom mapped at the end of Aprill (good excuse for a run out to Germany) and I've scrounged a spare ECU and had it re-mapped to ignore the lambda probe and allow the PC11 to work its magic.
So I'll keep you psted with the results - hoping for a smoother power delivery low down and 130bhp on the wheel.