New Aussie Veloce owner

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
Guvo

New Aussie Veloce owner

Post by Guvo »

Just ridden a 2007 demo veloce.It eats those Triumph speed triples,a bit different to my Vmax.Returned to the dealer very impressed.Put a deposit down on a Black 2008 model with the rear fully adjustable Olins shock and improved upgraded fuel map.I decided on the latest model because of reading this forum and the complaints regarding the earlier models.Thanks for all the good information my UK motorcycles loving brothers.Ride free and beware of those dammed cars.The Victorian Grate Ocean Road here I come. Cheers: Guvo
Curtis

Post by Curtis »

Well Done!

I have a late 57 Veloce in black and it's a fantastic machine (even with the non-ohlins rear shock ;) )

It's due for some upgrades next week including a new 08 map so should run a bit better.

This months edition of the UK mag 'Fast Bikes' agrees too, joint first with 9/10 on their naked bike test (beating a factory Tuono, Ducati S4Rs and Speed triple, on a par with a SuperDuke, saying if you can afford the Veloce go for it...in black ;o)

Called it the 'orphanmaker' after it crunched a few nuts pulling wheelies - lol.

Rich
Guvo

Anticipating delivery down under.

Post by Guvo »

I knew it was good but the best naked bike in the UK Fast Bikes Mag along with the fuggly Superduke.It may not be as nimble as the lighter superduke or handle quite as sharply but I bet the Corsaro Veloce is more stable and comfortable along with providing near perfect harmonic engine balance.One would have to love the engine note once one removes some of the noise suppression in those termies . The LC8 engine has some bad vibes coming through the pegs and bars. No matter how good a balance shaft is it will never eliminate the vibes from a narrow angled V twin engine configuration.I have spent thousands on my VMax over the years improving it,s handling but compared to the Veloce it is a real sick old dinosaur.
franky

Post by franky »

Good choice, i've got the same one :lol:

I tried the superduke R, it didn't have the amount of grunt as the morini and I prefered the planted feel of the morini!!

I've no regrets....... yet :shock:
Guvo

Antisipating delivery

Post by Guvo »

I have red a few of your posts Franky,top info.I too find the veloce far to quiet.The dealer did state he would fit the bike with the race ECU chip and remove the baffles for free .We in Aus have a saying,(Loud pipes save lives.)I need it to boom.The last thing I need is to have Kangaroos jump out in front me.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Guvo;

One problem we don't have in the UK - Kangaroos :lol:

Sounds like you've made up your mind - have to keep the throotle open to stay ahead of the sound...

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
SteveMRC
Site Admin

Post by SteveMRC »

Just seen that the Aus Morini importer has gone into administration :( , but they are hopeful of a buyer before the end of the month.

BikePoint

Niche distributor alledgely in trouble

November 24, 2008
Stoney Creek Power Sports, the national importer of several motorcycle and scooter brands, is alledgely on the cusp of closing its doors, or streamlining at the very least, according to BikeSales Network sources.
The NSW-based operation, which displayed its wares at last weekend's Sydney Motorcycle Show, has nine marques on its books, including well-known but low-volume Italian motorcycle brands such as Bimota, Benelli and Moto Morini.
Scooters under its aegis include Peugeot, Malaguti and TGB.
According to a BikeSales source, no official statement will be made until Stoney Creek's dealer network is updated on the current situation.
"It's important that the dealers' interests are looked after first," the source told BikeSales. "Then it'll be up to the owners to work out a plan of action, and whether, for example, they may want to become just a scooter-only operation.
"There are a lot of nice motorcycle brands on the Stoney Creek books, but there simply hasn't been much action."
Sales figures obtained by BikeSales show that just three Bimotas have been sold so far in 2008, in addition to 20 Benellis and 20 Moto Morinis.
"Moto Morini has been starting to perform better, but the cost of getting bikes through the ADR process is a very costly exercise in itself," the source continued. "That makes it a tough ask in itself."
An official Bimota media release, outlining an expanded line-up of machinery for 2009, was posted on media website www.bikedeadline.com.au early this afternoon, but there is no mention of Stoney Creek Power Sports in the literature.
BikeSales is investigating whether that was an oversight, or whether Bimota is still forging ahead in Australia on the basis that it will eventually appoint another distributor -- if it comes to that.
BikeSales has sought official comment from Stoney Creek Power Sports on the current situation, but our calls to its main switch have been transferred straight to a message service."
Guvo

Stoney creek powersports

Post by Guvo »

Italian exotica will never be thick on the ground here in Aus.Australian Motorcycle News and other publications have been very quiet regarding Moto Morini here in Australia.The only modle that has been tested and reveiwed here has been the 9.5.The Corsaro Veloce still remains the best kept secret in the naked bike class here in Australia. The dealer that I deal with is called FX Powersports they seem to be a similar named but a separate entity to the defunct Stoney creek powersports in New South Wales. Fx Powersports deal directly with Morini in Italy which is probably a good thing,as parts on order seem to come through eventually.I ground down right hand side foot pegs and a bar end off early Jan with a unfortunate "Get Off".Stoney Creek powersports did have a shipping container full off parts & accessories clearing through Australian Customs whilst under receivership but apparently this container was stated to have been returned back to Italy.My Veloce will be ready soon. Can anybody tell me where I can purchase a Moto Morini Corsaro Veloce,black leather tank cover and other accessories.
Mackia

Post by Mackia »

Guvo,
I looked at the Corsaro Veloce in 2007 and decided that the buyers were doing the development work supported by warranty, so I purchased a 2006 Ducati 999s. I would still like to have a Veloce if I knew that the reliability was improved. Are the current models definitely improved? Also, is fuel consumption still a limiting factor for travel in Oz?
Guvo

Post by Guvo »

Mackia, I waited for and looked about four years at the initial design and development of the corsaro,and yes it did have some teething problems which prevented me from making a purchase.I was satisfied enough with Morini,s progress by the time I test rid a 2007 demo Veloce. My 2008 Veloce is gettting at best 6.8 liters per 100 kilometers at worst 8 liters per 100 kilometers. My choice of the Veloce over a new V-Max , B-King, KTM superduke, Triumph speed triple, speaks for it,s self.Reliability issue,s have been addressed.No sign of over heating through the hot Melbourne summer.I use water wetter in the cooling system which has lowered the opperating temperature by 5 degrees on average.Fuel mapping improvements are being made all the time and downloaded by the dealer apon servicing.Not the best V-Twin race bike in the world but I dont think it comes second to any other V-Twin road bike in the world for outright looks, fun,grunt,charisma, comfort and versatility.
Mackia

Post by Mackia »

Guvo,
Thanks for that. I will have to take another look at the Veloce. Just a few more queries. Did you consider the Benelli TNT? Also, how do you rate the Morini seat and riding position?
Ian
Guvo

Post by Guvo »

Mackia: Benelli TNT do not get a close against the competition in test,s,because of their lack of refinement. Engines early on were renowned for leaking oil and had quality issues which scarred alot of people away.Sad really when the engine,s are made by Morini Franco Motori Spa which is one of the largest scooter engine manufactures in Europe.The Veloce,s riding position is semi upright comfortable with a little weight on the wrists, which I got used to fairly quickly.UK Fast Bikes Magazine August 2008 edition had the Corsaro Veloce runner up first place with the KTM Superduke abet for different reasons.Other bikes these two knocked off were:Aprilla Tuono R:Triuph Speed Triple:Ducati S4RS.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Guvo;

On the TNT engine;

Interestingly enough, Morinis' comment on the TNT engine was basically - "are you sure you want to do it this way, we would suggest other ways"... but Benelli wanted their design unsullied and so that's what they got!

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
Guvo

Post by Guvo »

Corsaro Chris:Thanks for the intel. That makes a lot of sence,considering the Franco Lambertini work of art in regards to design and engineering of the 1187cc Moto Morini Bialbero Corsa Corta Engine.
vtxbrit

Post by vtxbrit »

I have owned 2 Benelli TNT's the latest one is an 07 sport with 9500 miles on the clock (up for sale) I have been all over europe on both of them with no serious problems. (only normal Italian problems :D ) I do get a little frustrated when mags report the lack of adjustment on suspension etc etc, this was true on the 2004 models but on the latest models they have fully adjustable quality suspension just like the Veloce and a stonking 3 cylinder motor.
I know some of you will be asking why is it up for sale then, well after 5 years of Benelli's I felt like a change, and the only thing that measured up was the Moto Morini Veloce.
However I would still highly recommend Benelli bikes to any one who was considering getting one

vtxbrit