Fault 2128

Anything to do with the 1200 GranPasso series
MysterG

Fault 2128

Post by MysterG »

Hi guys my gp has this fault code I've checked all fuses and they ok , you can hear and feel a clocking from one of the relays/capacitors has anybody or is there a wiring diagram I can download, thanks , Gordon
IMG-20230604-WA0005.jpg
IMG-20230604-WA0005.jpg (168.47 KiB) Viewed 3940 times
MysterG

Re: Fault 2128

Post by MysterG »

All sorted thanks
roofus

Post by roofus »

hi gordon ,what was causing the problem ? glad its sorted
MysterG

Post by MysterG »

Sorry my mistake the problem isn't sorted but finding a wiring diagram is sorted , the problem has kind of changed the dash is no longer flashing however it now won't start ,
Painter

Post by Painter »

Hi Gordon
I always carry a starter relay with me, as a replacement, the relays are cheap and available from vehicle wiring products.
You say your bike will not start, does it turn over.
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Looking at the wiring, it my be non standard! :)

Did you check the starter relay fuse?
MysterG

Post by MysterG »

Hi all replaced the relays new battery cleaned connections bike starts and ticks over rides ok but the headlights , if they are on when the bike starts they stay on till I put the main beam on and then they go out and stay out . any thoughts ? thanks Gordon
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Did you replace the relays type for type? I believe some have a diode across the coil, too, so has to be the correct way around.

https://www.vehiclewiringproducts.co.uk ... sher-units
MysterG

Post by MysterG »

yes mate
MysterG

Post by MysterG »

I've just stripped the bike down as far as fairings off screen off petrol tank off cleaned the air box ( emptied oil in air box ) checked all the wiring to see if there was a connection loose of rubbed wires all seemed ok, put back together started and hey presto the lights worked even when I tried main beam but doing it a second time hey presto lights out ! this is my first Moto Morini I bought the GP as it is meant to be a great bike and one of the 10 most underrated adventure bikes its not a common bike which I like but I've only had it since February bought it from motohub stoke and its driving me nuts !!
anyhow anybody any ideas is this a common fault ? I've tried reading through old posts but I haven't found anything , Thanks again Gordon
Painter

Post by Painter »

Hi ,
I sympathise with your frustration, my second GP nearly finished me off with a tick over issue, stick with it they are worth it .
Firstly, you need to keep a schedule methodically as to exactly what you have done, move by move this helps to determine and isolate the issue, sounds over the top but writing stuff down really helps.
Check the handle bar switches, and the auxiliary light switch on the right hand mount. I would strip the lights off , very easy and that gives you better access to the loom which is very awkward to get at.
Is yours the white one with the red frame , 26k miles etc if it is it’s the same as mine. They are super reliable when sorted and any used bike I would strip and make sure is perfect for future ownership.
Your problem is 100% connector related, the relays as you know are cheap and easy to replace, just make sure the switch wire on the headlamp relay is fully pushed home, I think it’s a 4 post relay, it’s obvious and I am sure you have been over it many times.
Best of luck
Painter

Post by Painter »

Just reread some of your comments, if the lights stay on when started and then extinguish when you put the main beam on you have a short in the mainbeam to Earth, have a look at the headlamp mounts and look for and earths to frame, I think there is a separate one. The bulbs are the modern type so it’s not possible to short them out against the lamp / body exc... worth a look .
MysterG

Post by MysterG »

cheers Painter for the help , Gordon
MysterG

Post by MysterG »

Hooo-rah the lights are finally sorted (touch wood ) one side there was a bit of metal in the actual socket which the bulb fits into , I imagine to make a better connection so took it out and bent the connector out to make a tighter fit, the other side was a bad solder repair so cleaned that up and re-soldered hey presto lights working , thanks for the help with the fault finding , thank you, Gordon