The Cagiva era Morinis
Stempy

Re: New Dart fuel tanks

Post by Stempy »

Any more tanks on the Menu??
morini_tom

Re: New Dart fuel tanks

Post by morini_tom »

There are none left of the original batch but we own the tooling so we might be able to commission a new batch, or get the pressings made for you to take to a friendly welder to zip up. It was a lot of work over a long period to get the previous batch done and so we needed a minimum order to justify the press time.

If you (or anyone else reading) are seriously interested, email the products secretary- the more people who ask the more viable us getting more tanks made would be.

Out of interest- what’s your original tank’s failure mode? Historically it’s been mechanical damage (bolts punched through or pulled out of the bobbin holes) rather than the plastic in itself failing but recently I know of one tank which has just peeled open at the seams- something I’ve never seen in literally dozens of failed tanks… I don’t want to scaremonger around E10 because I have no idea what the original plastic was and therefore what it’s compatibility is but if we start seeing new failure modes not seen over the last 30 years then it would be interesting to keep an eye on- both so owners can exercise caution and also because it may point to an impending urgent need for a bigger batch of ally tanks if there is a fuel issue now.