Tea and Cakes?

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
MarkB

Tea and Cakes?

Post by MarkB »

So,who's planning to go to the Benzina Tea and Cakes on 3rd September? Greg, who's responsible for Benzina, is passionate about Italian bikes and it should be a thoroughly enjoyable day. If anyone's travelling down from the northern Home Counties it would be good to meet up and go down together.

Cheers, Mark.
"I'll have a V please, Bob."
morini_tom

Re: Tea and Cakes?

Post by morini_tom »

I plan on travelling down from Northampton, would be glad to ride down with any others heading in that direction.

Tom
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

I shall point the bike north for the journey.Always a pleasure to go back to Wiltshire.Ideally I'd camp across at the Woodbridge Inn at North Newnton but at present I've just swapped onto working on Sunday, which i may have to work on.Anyhow...... www.thewoodbridgeinn.co.uk/
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Hi Mark;

Hoping to get across to the Tea and Cakes, and meet up with a few other Morinisti, either en-route or there.

Any one else heading across towards Salisbury from Reading or the Thames valley area ~ probably well off the Motorways as it'll be on an old Morini...

Look forward to seeing everyone!

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
Emmohaswheelsagain

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

Hi Mark,

I will be giving the 9 1/2 a run down to the Tea & Cakes, not with James though.
Hopefully we can agree a meeting point so all Morini's can arrive together.
May be Chris can provide, so I can punch a post code into the Sat Nav.
Who else is coming along? I will be taking the old Fosse Way across country
so I would be happy to join others riding down.

Cheers

Paul
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Hi all;

For those riding down from the north / north east, a good place to meet up would probably be Wantage. It's a small town with a nice square (with m/c parking included...) and a Costa Coffee on the south side. Much better as a venue than Newbury, which means that you have to use the A34, a rather nasty dual carriageway of a road.

From Wantage the route of choice would be along the A338 towards Hungerford, another smallish town, and then south westwards (staying on the A338) towards Burbage and then Pewsey (via the B3087). Then you can take back roads due west or head south to Upavon and west along the A342 towards Devizes until you swing southwards again on to the B3098 which gets you to Easterton and Benzina!

If you're coming down the Fosse Way (watch out for the speed cameras!) then swing off at Stow and drop due south on the A424 towards Burford and Lechlade. Go around the east of Swindon using the A361 and A419 (a bit of dual carriageway, I'm afraid) to pick up the A346 (once over the M4) towards Marlborough; then it's the A345 via Pewsey.

Paul - if you want to meet the guys from the Midlands, then swing east a bit at Lechlade to take you through Faringdon and through the Vale of White Horse to Wantage...

I'm travelling from the east and can't leave until 12:30, which means that I'll be travelling due west from Reading and aiming to swing south of Newbury and along the back roads via Kintbury towards Hungerford. I hope to be at Benzina by about 2:30; save some cakes for the late arrivals!

Which ever way you ride, have a good one, and hope to see you there...

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

Good suggestion Chris,

So, Who's up for meeting in Wantage on the way?

12.30 sound good? enough to grab a cuppa somewhere and then head to Benzina for 2....
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Hi Tom, that sounds like a good rendezvous. It'll be a rather winding cross-country route for me coming from Stevenage, but much more interesting than motorways. I'll liaise with my fellow travellers....

Cheers, Mark.
"I'll have a V please, Bob."
Jem

Post by Jem »

For those coming from Bristol, Bath, South Gloucestershire parts we are meeting up at Marshfield on the A420 north of Bath. If you're coming from the west, just before you reach Marshfield, there is a parking area on the right-hand side of the road. Meet us between 12:30 and 1:00 to get to Benzina by 2:00.

If anyone is making their own way, Bezina are at Lower Heath Ground, 24, Easterton SN10 4PX - 01380 812176

Jem
Emmohaswheelsagain

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

Hi All,

For those of us travelling North to South or East to West as with Mark the suggestion by Chris of Wantage looks good.
Might see you Tom on the way down as our routes look similar. I will be on the 9 1/2 and plan to leave Louth around 8am staying where possible to the A roads. Should be in Wantage for 12-12.30 in time for a quick coffee break.
See you all Saturday.

Regards

Paul
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Wow!

What a great event Tea 'n Cakes turned out to be...

A great turn out of Morini, from 98cc to 1198cc, in just about every colour under the Factory. Great to see so many old friends, make several new ones from far and wide, and to ride some new roads. And what more could any Morini rider hope for; enthusiastic hosts, a great bunch of other riders (not just on Morini), fantastic cakes and hot coffee.

If you don't believe me - visit http://www.teambenzina.co.uk/teamblog/ and check it out for yourselves.

And thanks to Greg and Rachael for being such great hosts. Even the rain kept off until the Sunday...

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
RHThomas

Post by RHThomas »

I thoroughly enjoyed the tea & cakes afternoon, and was extremely chuffed with the prize for Best Off Roader awarded to my 1200 Scrambler, though I'm a little embarrassed given that the competition was a one horse race...

So thanks to every one who voted and it was great to meat so many Morini riders and see some excellent bikes old and new.

And just to show the Scrambler was worthy of the title, here it he is "Off Road":

Thanks for organizing it.
Cheers,
Robin