Cadwell Trackday 2011

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
Emmohaswheelsagain

Cadwell Trackday 2011

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

HI All,

Well earlier this year the 29th Morini Riders Club track day will be on Friday 19th June. :D
Usual venue Cadwell Park's Full circuit and hopefully another perfect day for all.
Whilst we are putting the final touches to the entry forms I expect to have these out to all our regulars in the next few days. Those of you who will be entering for the first time can down load an entry form from this site. If you can give Tom a few days I'm sure he should have all the details uploaded onto the site next week. Despite the usual increases, Vat, circuit hire etc entry fees are held from last year. I hope this will encourage members and friends to come and enjoy the day, indeed make a weekend of it and stay with us at the Waggon & Horses near Louth. Great track, great roads, Fish & Chips (coast only 10 miles from camp site) ice cream and of course beer. For those wanting a roof over their heads I can provide details of hotels & B&B's. See you in June if not before.

Safe Riding

Paul
Emmohaswheelsagain

Re: Cadwell Trackday 2011

Just to correct my previous post the date is yes Friday but the 17th June.

Paul
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

Cadwell 2011 information and entry forms now available on the website:

http://www.morini-riders-club.com/thecl ... kdays.html

I can't stress enough how great this event is, whether you are venturing on track or not. You only need to check back through past forum posts to see the range of participants we've had over the years. Whilst experience and machinery varies massively, everyone seems to be in agreement that this is an event not to be missed.
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

Link posted on the Gilera Network web site and forum.

http://www.gilera.org.uk/Joomla
alan j

Post by alan j »

Looks like I shall miss another "Trackday!"-I'm in Switzerland the weekend before, then I have entered the "Banbury Run" . Anyway, enjoy it , chaps and chapeses! I do expect to make the "Bristol show, however! :lol: :lol: Alan J.
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

alan j wrote:Looks like I shall miss another "Trackday!"-I'm in Switzerland the weekend before, Alan J.
Switzerland??? Same for me Alan, must be something going on there. I'd like to think I could rush back and make it to Cadwell, but we will be travelling two up on the '48 Matchless and it's supposed to be a holiday :shock: So it may be asking just a little too much of Barbara :wink: There's no rear suspension after all......
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
Emmohaswheelsagain

Hi All,

With still a few weeks to go entries are now coming in daily and places will be running short as we get nearer to the event.
If you are planning to bring your Morini to the track on 17th June I would recommend that you get your entry in before 20th May. Not only will you be sure of a place but you will also receive the benefit of a discount. If I haven't sent you an entry form you can always down load one from this site.
If you prefer to be track side then you are still most welcome particularly if you intend to stay for the rally weekend. Saturday will include a club ride out in the morning with a stop off for a fish & chip dinner in Mablethorpe followed by another break for an ice cream at Connisholme on the way back to our base at the Waggon & Horses, South Reston.
Plenty of opportunity to meet and chat about Morini's and for those with technical questions help is always on hand.

See you there

Paul
Emmohaswheelsagain

Hi All,

If you have a Morini and are thinking of taking to the track on 17th June then you need to place your entry in quickly. Only a few places remain at £120.00 a time. If you are hoping to secure a place in the moderate sessions then don't be surprised if you end up in the rapid sessions. The moderate sessions are already over subscribed to the point where some entrants will have to be moved to balance the numbers on track.
Once again the event has attracted a wide range of machinery with many riders making a point of leaving their other plans open to guarantee their day at Cadwell. If you have a Morini or indeed any bike, classic or otherwise, the club welcome all owners.So have a ride out and come and experience a day at track side. if you fancy stopping over then the club is camped through the weekend at the Waggon & Horses South Reston Nr Louth.
See you there.

Paul.
morinipete

Post by morinipete »

Hi all,

Sorry to say I won't be able to join you all this year. Worryingly this is the second year on the trot. I'm ruled out by work overseas and the (killer) fact that I rebored my 500 prior to departure (in preparation, along with a crank bearing conversion) and now have piston slap like you won't believe (I think I must have given him clearance figures in Yards rather than Thou'). As such I am sidelined.

Anywyay I hope you all have a wondeful time. I'll miss the sound of John Shepperd (Sp ?) skittering upside down into the hairpin and the 'boat' like quality of Toms Dart simlarly horizontal (surely the most crash resistant bike ever made ?).

For all you Morini owners who have never been, GO ! Even if just to watch this year (it costs nothing unlike other 'classic' track events). If you watch this year I guarantee you'll be on the track next.

Have fun

Pete
Emmohaswheelsagain

Thanks for the note Pete, sorry you can't be with us this year.
Entries are now closed for 2011 and we looking forward to another great event.
Hope to see you in 2012 when the club celebrates its 30th annual track day.

Regards

Paul
stevel

Post by stevel »

Hi Guys...

refugee from ThumperClub here....
Can you tell me if there is camping available on the thursday evening???

great site by the way

SteveL