Bristol Italian Day in Bristol on 24th April 2010

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
Keith

Bristol Italian Day in Bristol on 24th April 2010

Post by Keith »

Hi All. Just wondering if anyone going to BIAMF this year. We have lashed* impromtu Morini Riders stand together in recent years and had a great day, five or six of us. (* Handy scaffolding to fix banner to, last year).

What I'm really after is some other Morini Riders to ride in with all the Ducati/Guzzi/etc riders from Gordano. I've been there for the last two years. Lots of red v-twins but me the only Morini. How about joining me? There's a couple of hundred Ducati riders and the lovely bends past Ashton Court make a great ride in.

Anybody fancy joining me? Think it starts at 9am but need to check other club forums.
Ratty

Re: Bristol Italian Day in Bristol on 24th April 2010

Post by Ratty »

I might manage this from Surrey......I have family in Chippenham and it may be an excuse to visit with an equally good excuse not to stay too long!! :lol:
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

I am aiming to go too,unless the rain is stair-rodding it or I am working.
Keith

Post by Keith »

Hi again

Glad you guys are thinking of coming. I know several other MRC members who are joining the ride in. I have found out a bit more and talked to Sean from the DOC who is organising the run. It starts at 9.30am at Gordano Service Station. Its a great route into Corn Street. Wonderful.

Also spoken to our own Jem Moore who is putting together the MRC stand, and banner, up in Corn Street that morning. We were thinking that we could all meet up at Pie Minister in the Glass Arcade behind Corn Street at 12.30 for a spot of lunch. For anyone who hasn't had a Pie Minister pie yet, they are amazingly tasty.

Weren't that many Laverdas last year. Let's go for third biggest club after the Ducatis and Guzzis. Oh yes, its Aprillia's year this year. Fourth biggest? ...How about if there is more than one Morini..?

Look forward to meeting up. Cheers Keith.
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

Right-my requisition for good weather appears to have been passed by the management, so now all I have to worry about is the football in the afternoon as it's mission critical.So an early start then.........I've even fixed my rear right indicator in readiness.I shall be the one on a red motorcycle.
Ratty

Post by Ratty »

I agree with your analysis of the weather......(I'm not a fair weather rider but I do have a fair weather bike)....I will be there for the ride in too. All in black like the Milk Tray mans older fatter brother....
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

On the day had a bracing ride up to Gordano. Enjoyed the event though had to depart relatively early on, also wanted to hear Exeter v Charlton on radio as had forgone going.What a sacrifice. Once clear of the A38 past Lulsgate (a horrid road) had a lovely run back in the warmish sunlight,via Mark and Highbridge. Attempted to keep in touch with a group of big Jap bikes and do you know what,it nearly worked.On reserve last 10 miles so pretty good economy as usual.Bike ran really well and arrived back clean and dry.Why don't they make them like this anymore?
Next mission-Cassington.Lets hope it's nearly as hot as last year.