SWF ignition

Camel, Sahara, Kanguro, Coguaro
Kamel

SWF ignition

Post by Kamel »

Hi all,
looking for any feedback on the SWF ignition. Anybody using it on a Camel 500? (or any other Morini)

Cheers,

Kamel
huub

Re: SWF ignition

Post by huub »

my 350 has been running a SWF ignition for a couple of years, once properly sorted out ( the prototyping of the ignition was on my 350) it has been trouble free.
my 350 has a electric start, and it always starts first touch of the button hot or cold.
basically flawless.
I converted my camel very recently , and apart from a occasional backfire it starts now easily on first or second kick.
it used to be a absolute bastard to start , that is why the previous owner got rid of it.
( The backfire might be caused by the non standard airbox and open exhaust leaning out the idle mixture, something i need to adress eventually
the 350 does not backfire , so i expect the mixture to be the issue )

both have a much improved idle, a steady 1000 rpm, and a better midrange.
personally i am really happy with the ignition.

PS: no real connection with the builder, just a happy customer. ( i actually paid for the ignitions )
i've also got the SWF ignition in my daily transport moto guzzi.
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

Thanks huub, I must say I'm tempted. I am slightly dubious of having the electronics in the hot pickup compartment though.

cheers,

Kamel.
huub

Post by huub »

there is preciously little electronics involved , just one printed circuit board replacing the original pickup,
on top of the ignition you will need a set of coils, i use 10 euro aliexpress coils on all my bikes.

i dont know what type of camel you have ,
the early camel had a weird 6/12 volt system, you will need a 12 volt battery to run the swf
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

I have a Mk2 which I converted to 12v, linked all 5 coils and run a modified Boyer, but that takes quite a lot of power to run, which was one of the attractions of the SWF setup. Which ones do you use, the fixed map version?

Cheers,

Kamel
huub

Post by huub »

i've got the programmable one (as i already had the cable from the guzzi ignition)
but it runs fine out of the box , so have not feeled the need to change from the original settings.

for the coils , i've got xv125 coils.