Morini meeting in spain 2009

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
norbert

Morini meeting in spain 2009

Post by norbert »

Hello everybody

How about a ride through the pyrenaes in spring? :shock:

Some month ago I came in contact with some spanisch morini riders in a spanish classic internet site. After a while I suggested to have a meeting in spring and by the time it looks like that it will happen in Catalunya (probably at the Costa Brava) at the end of april 2009 :D . http://lamaneta.org/foromecanico/viewto ... ght=morini The date is not exactly fixed yet (probably 24-26 of april). The response in our german site was quite positive http://ital-web.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1374 . Looks like there are some of us interested to have some days holiday in the spanish sprintime. Maybe some of you would like to come as well.
Perhaps it is not a bad idea (to get permission from the girls) to connect it with some days with your wife in Barcelona, a really interesting town. And after that spending a couple of days together with other tifosis close to the pyrenaes.

As soon as the date and location is fixed I´ll tell you more about it.

ciao norbert
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Norbert;

Now this sounds interesting! Us Brits could get the ferry from Portsmouth to Santander [north Spanish coast].

Remember that we're planning a Factory Visit in October next year - Bologna in the autumn with a visit to Venice? Now there's a thought... 8)

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

This does sound interesting, having just come back from Santander to Plymouth with about 200 other bikes. I saw 4 or 5 Morinis at Colombres.
Motofrog

Post by Motofrog »

A pal and I have just returned from Colombres had a great long weekend. It would make a great outing for some Morini riders. Pre 80 if you want to take part in the runs. What superb countryside for bikes, bends,bends and more bends,plus stunning scenery. Also the best ferry crossing. :lol: :lol:
norbert

Post by norbert »

We still do not know where it will happen exactly. But it will happen(somewhere Catalonia, probably costa brava)!
And now the date is fixed. So you can begin the negociacions with all your authoritis at work and at home :wink:

24-26 of april 2009

ciao norbert
norbert

Post by norbert »

Finaly the location is fixed: The Camping of Calonge, close to Palamos, about 80 km north of Barcelona:
http://www.intercalonge.com/
There will be no problem to hire a bungalow if you don´t like to carry a tent with you.

The coleges have planed a little ride with 365 corners in the line
(I´m sorry, not able to load up a picture of the map)

If there is anybody interested: The following Weekend there are two interesting events in Spain, the GP in Jerez and the 40° aniversario of the first Moto Grand Prix at the circuit of Jarama/Madrid. I allready have decided to go to Jarama :D

Would be very nice to see anyone of you!

saludos norbert[/img]
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

I would have loved to have a ride down to this, but sadly all my leavethis year is taken for a trip to croatia.
will this be happening in 2010 also? as I would like to plan a ride down into Spain and tieing up with a trip like this would be ideal......

:D
norbert

Post by norbert »

Hi Gedge

I don´t know wether this will hapen also next year. I supose it depends on how it works out this year.
To say the truth there was´nt any morini activity for years in Spain. I began to mix them up in a Moto-Classic -Forum a year ago. And the result ist that now there are quiet a lot of people blowing the dust from the morinis ant that there will be this meeting at the costa brava.

I took three weeks holiday for this trip and you can imagine how I´m looking forward to it :D

saludos norbert
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

norbert wrote:Hi Gedge

I don´t know wether this will hapen also next year. I supose it depends on how it works out this year.
To say the truth there was´nt any morini activity for years in Spain. I began to mix them up in a Moto-Classic -Forum a year ago. And the result ist that now there are quiet a lot of people blowing the dust from the morinis ant that there will be this meeting at the costa brava.

I took three weeks holiday for this trip and you can imagine how I´m looking forward to it :D

saludos norbert
Gracias ,, espero que todo bien con el camping Y tus vacaciones 8)
norbert

Post by norbert »

Hello everybody

Here comes a link where you have a little report of te "Vuelta a Espana II, El Norte". I´m sorry, it´s in spanish :roll: But you can see some pictures (it continues on the second page) of the tour.

I did 4840 km, 200 of them on the highway, the rest mountain lanes, only 30 km with rain :D . The longest ride 640 km mountainroads in 9 hours including smoking and eating, that makes 70km/h for 9 hours!!!
Consuming 1/4 l of oil in 1000 and 4,8 l gasoline in 100 km with a 501 R motor.

What a ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the best I ever had!

http://www.lamaneta.org/foromecanico/vi ... hp?t=16400

Next weekend (19.-21 June) is the german morini meeting:
http://www.ital-web.de/files/morinitreffen2009.pdf

ciao norbert
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

Great report and by the looks of it a great trip..

Nice to find something to make me practice my Spanish too 8)