What's the requirement for clothing for the track day?

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
julianharty

What's the requirement for clothing for the track day?

Post by julianharty »

I've lost touch with what the rules/guidelines are for what riders *have* to wear on track for our track day. From memory things like zip-together 2-piece leathers are OK, what about gore-tex with armour, draggin-jeans, etc? And if it's raining buckets then what? (trite answers get bonus points for amusement if not for utility).

Thank you
MarkB

Re: What's the requirement for clothing for the track day?

Post by MarkB »

Sensible one here: two-piece zip-together leathers or all-in-one; leather gloves and boots (my boots had a fair amount of plastic etc bits on also), and an approved helmet. Armoured gore-tex etc isn't allowed. If it rains, you'll want your waterproof oversuit, but you still won't catch Paul Compton.
"I'll have a V please, Bob."
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Zip together has to go all the way around, not across the back. Gloves must cover wrists, I think. Approved helmet with ACU Gold sticker. No open face.

Storm guard, waders and pudding basin not allowed...

It's on the entry form in ATG...don't forget your unrestricted driving licence...

Brown underwear a recommendation only...
julianharty

Post by julianharty »

Mike I recall your comments from a couple of track days ago about how your heart was rejuvenated by someone slowing you down mid-corner. I aim to pootle around in the gentler areas of the track, nonetheless wearing 'suitable' zips and leathers. Thank you both for your recommendations.