Shepton Mallet Show

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
MarkB

Shepton Mallet Show

Post by MarkB »

Don't forget that it's the year's first big classic show in the UK this weekend at Shepton Mallet near Bath. The MRC will have a stand as usual, with an interesting selection of Morinis and a knowledgeable group of people on the stand to chat to and discuss all things Morini. Wrap up warm!
"I'll have a V please, Bob."
RedVee

Re: Shepton Mallet Show

Post by RedVee »

Knowledgeable people on the stand? Hmm that counts me out then lol :wink:
Morinis & Motorcycles - Is there anything else?
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

Winter draws on of course.
John
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

3potjohn wrote:Winter draws on of course.
John
You're not wrong there, John. I was out on the bike (Beemer RT I'm afraid) today and I was glad I had my winter drawers on :P

Steve
SupermotoDave

Post by SupermotoDave »

OUR STAND AT SHEPTON MALLET IS CANCELLED

We have made the decision to cancel as we are unable to get to the showground today in safety. Weather conditions in the Shepton Mallet area are very bad with some A roads closed. As a riders club many of our display bikes were to be ridden in and the ones being delivered are from the SW where it is even worse. Jem reports that in locally in Timsbury there is 3-6" of snow and it would be difficult to get out of his drive drive let alone out of the village. It is still snowing and the forecast is freezing temperatures overnight.

We might hope but there is no reason to expect better conditions today or tomorrow. Things might get worse.

This is bad news because the Bristol Show is one of our big events in the year which we were all looking forward to.

David Marlow and Jem Moore
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

There's just been official confirmation from the show organisers that this weekend's event has been cancelled. They hope to rearrange for a date in late February. What a shame!
"I'll have a V please, Bob."
SupermotoDave

Post by SupermotoDave »

I've just seen on twitter that the organisers have postponed the show, with a new date of 23-24 Feb identified. Best to check before making any firm commitments but I am sure the club will be looking for bikes to display on the new dates.

David
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

I'd aim to get there on a Morini, if some kind soul can give me a lift back to the railway station at Castle Cary on the afternoon of the Friday (and possibly pick me up again on the Sunday around 11:30!).

It's a good show for us and the Products were all packed ready to go...

Good riding, when it's not so icy,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"