Bristol Italian Auto Festval

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
thorkill the tall

Post by thorkill the tall »

I actually quite enjoyed my day really.
It was nice to see the Morinis, depite the small turnout.
Even after all these years, I still get a buzz from seeing 3½s.

Bristol traffic is torturous. The council seem hell bent to balls everything up with constant traffic lights and senseless roundabouts. Even worse are the roundabouts with the added pleasure of traffic lights on them.

Have you taken the 37 down to Street recently, Chris?
Your license wouldn't last the trip on your Corsaro.
Revenue gatherers everywhere!

I forgot to mention, I saw an 850 MV, complete with suede seat, buried amongst the modern stuff. A little tatty, but very nice all the same. Do you remember the one that used to turn up at the Hop Pole?
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Ah! THe Hop Pole - when Morinis with wire wheels were the only ones made, and half that we saw were drum braked... Now that is going back to my youth (and yours, eh :wink: !)

There was a chap from Frome who had done over 20k miles on his, Andy I think he was called, and he could ride it as well - a proper gentleman!

It would be good to catch up, if we could get a run out into the country for these Bristol lads, tempt them away from the dens of the city.

Happy days - and perhaps I'll be better organised and get to spend a day at next years Auto. THe MRC will hopefully have a bigger presence then,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Time flies when you're riding a Morini!

This years best kept secret - the Bristol Italian Auto Day is tomorrow - April 25th 2009. Hope to see a couple of other Morini there? It might rain, which may even keep a couple of Ducati away :)

CC
"I'll use the Morini"