Kanguro X stands

Camel, Sahara, Kanguro, Coguaro
lenton

Kanguro X stands

Post by lenton »

Hi

Could anyone post or send me a few close up photos of the centre and sidestand assemblies for a Kanguro X? :?:

Thanking you in advance
acemorini

Re: Kanguro X stands

Post by acemorini »

Hello Lenton, I have taken some photos today but my photo resized will not work so l cannot upload to the forum, if you send me your email address I will email them to you.
Regards Pete.
lenton

Post by lenton »

Pete

Thanks, I have sent a PM
acemorini

Post by acemorini »

Hello Andy, email sent.
Regards Pete.
lenton

Post by lenton »

Pete

Thanks for the replies and emails, as discussed my machine is an early one.

As acquired, it had no centre stand and has a pretty precarious looking early swing-arm mounted side stand, some parts of which have been remade in steel.

Ideally, I need to further sort the sidestand and/or find or make a centre stand. Maybe someone has a centre stand sat in their garage that I could buy or borrow and copy? I'm sure I read somewhere that later sidestands might fit this bike?

I did see a side stand on eBay which bolts/clamps 'over' the swing-arm, rather than to it, and wondered if anyone has tried this route?

Currently I am working my way around the bike doing a lot of the standard Morini jobs, but it would be good to sort this in parallel.

Thanks. :?: :? :?: :?

Andy
Somerset
acemorini

Post by acemorini »

Hello Andy, if you go to the Dutch Morini site, click links and scroll down there is a link to a website about Kangaros, on that site there is a rebuild blog, which has a section on building a side stand for a round tubed Kangaro. I do have a centre stand for a x3 and a broken side stand also for a x3.
Regards Pete.
lenton

Post by lenton »

Pete

Thanks again, I did surf that blog at one point, I think his solution has possibilities.

Failing that, perhaps I'll email you ref the possibility of borrowing/buying your spares. I'll continue my researches in the meantinme.

Cheers

Andy
acemorini

Post by acemorini »

Hello Andy, pm me and I will give you my email address.
Regards Pete.
Derek Wright

Post by Derek Wright »

Hi Andy,
I fitted a modified side stand assembly to my Kanguro X by making a triangular plate ( in 1/4" thick dural) that fitted to the frame using the rear footrest position and the hole in the support plate for the said footrest. To this I attached ( bolted) a side stand assembly from a modern bike. Don't know what bike it was from as I found it at the side of the road, it had been welded on to a frame by a plate which held the stand, spring and pivot. The stand leg had to be lengthened as the Kanguro being high it needs quite a long stand. I don't have the bike now so can not supply dimensional details but it worked very well and was much more secure than the original. I have a reasonable photo of the bike so the principle can be observed, I've no idea how to get it onto the forum but if you P M me your e.mail address I can send you the pic. I also have the original side stand if you want it, let me know.
Never had a centre stand for it. I think the centre stand is probably similar if not the same as the early camels ( round tube construction), the later square frame Kanguro's used square tube centre stand and these don't fit the X frame. I have a Mk 1 camel so could measure the stand if you like, the main problem as I remember is clearance for the chain tensioner wheel.
Derek
julianharty

Post by julianharty »

There's a nice article with photos on http://kanguro350.blogspot.com/2012/05/ about fitting a generic side stand by making brackets that fit the pressing that supports the pillion footrest.

I also found that a worn Coguaro centre stand just about fits on the old Kanguro X frame (at least I have one that fits mine). I've plans to improve the pivot, I'll add details here once I've done so.