MRC WEEKEND

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
SupermotoDave

MRC WEEKEND

Post by SupermotoDave »

As you all know the MRC trackday and AGM weekend is set for July 27th -30th. What I would like to hear from the masses is what you would all like to find when you get there. We have free camping with showers all weekend, it's basically a big licensed country club and golf course with masses of room inside and out that we have free run of for the whole weekend so you can have a drink and a meal and no need to ride home afterwards, there might even be some inside accomodation for those who don't do camping.
The AGM itself is an excuse to jaw about all things Morini and is actually good fun, and we have 6 or 7 highly prestigous best bike type prizes, voted for by all attendees, except for best original which is chosen by the committee.
I really want to hear from those people who do not go just what it would take to get them to come along and meet the largest collection of Morini riders in the country all year.

David Marlow

MRC Chairman
SupermotoDave

Post by SupermotoDave »

20 entries for Cadwell so far, 18 of whom have been before. Remember you can come along and watch for free.
Coxey

Cadwell Park

Post by Coxey »

Hi Dave
You've asked for reasons why some of us don't attend.
Mine is purely for the sake of my health!... As much as I love my 500 Sport I don't think I could bear to do the 500+ miles round trip from the Isle of Wight! After about an hour or so of green-laning around the Island I'm ready for a break to ease my aching wrists and backside :!:
It'd take me days to complete the whole treck! :D
Maybe if you were to organise a 'southern' trackday....

Rob
SteveMRC
Site Admin

Post by SteveMRC »

Rob,

You have a point about the distance, but just treat it as smaller trips joined together. 80-100 miles then stop for petrol and a stretch, another 80-100miles and petrol plus lunch, then 50 or so miles of twisty Lincolnshire roads and you're there.
A couple of nights in a tent, way too much beer and Morini chat and your ready for the return journey :D

Long distances on small morinis with rearsets and clip ons are possible. I did 2500 miles in two weeks going to the Morini rally in Morano sul Po in Italy. Admitedly it wasn't the most comfortable trip I ever did, but even so I would love to do it again.

Steve
Coxey

Post by Coxey »

Steve

Tell me - when you were touring did you replace the standard grips [with maybe something a touch more comfortable]?

It is the hardness of the grips after an hour or so that I find is the killer in my hands/wrists. :?

Rob
SteveMRC
Site Admin

Post by SteveMRC »

Rob,

I put on a pair of foam grips. They don't really absorb much vibration but they have no ridges on them to dig into your palms.

Also, have you tried putting the clip-ons on the "wrong" side, ie on the opposite fork leg and upside down?
Sounds a bit strange but they end up almost horizontal, or ever so slightly pointing upwards and I find them a lot more bearable.

Steve
Brubru

Post by Brubru »

Rob,

The original position on the 500 Sport is rather unconfortable and I also suffered backside pain when doing long trips. I have made some modifications to the bike and today I feel it is much better. First ones were what Steve mentioned: using foam grips and turning the clip-ons the "wrong" side. Later I installed rearsets and this made a huge change. The position with the feet more backwards is much more confortable. Later I also invested in Tarozzi clip-ons, which are higher than the original ones.

With the above modifications, I can travel from Belgium to Cadwell without pain (about 700 miles).

Both Tarozzi rearsets and clip-ons can be purchased from NLM.

Hope to see you in Cadwell!
The fastest touring rack east of the Channel
harry69koi

Post by harry69koi »

Well i live 15 miles from cadwell so ill be there with any luck :D
richmaz

Post by richmaz »

Looks like you'll just have to go then, Harry!

I've just looked at the AA Route Finder and it reckons over 5 hours for the journey from the IW. So perhaps not this year.....let me explain:

Dave M, you asked for reasons why some members don't go. Well here are my 'difficulties' to overcome (and I'd be intrigued to hear if other members have similar situation). Firstly - worrying wife. Mine went through a really bad patch a couple of years ago when there was so much negative publicity about bike deaths (both locally and nationally). Although much better now, she has the comfort of knowing I'm mostly travelling quite short distances around the island (for those of you who don't know, it's about 27 miles E-W x 13 miles N-S) or South Coast only. Secondly, it is a bloody long way from here. I'm absolutely fine with the 5+ hours journey times personally but again, it goes back to the fretting wife-at-home problem (boy does she worry!) Lastly, weather. To commit now, then face that kind of journey on a just purchased old Morini in pouring rain is perhaps for a more determined rider than me.
Richard M
robinh44

Post by robinh44 »

Hi,

I will attend the track day as a spectator, my Morini Kanguro is still in bits mid build, I will ride up on my BMW R1100rs. It will be good to see the Morini's in action and meet you all. See you on the 27th.

Regards

Robin
1984 Kanguro X1 home built special.
'Using yesterday's technology to create tomorrow's problem's today'
cmcwilliam

MRC weekend

Post by cmcwilliam »

I have heard that a TV crew for a local internet TV station will be at the Golfers Arms on Friday. Dave, the landlady wanted to know who would be a good front-man/interviewee to talk about Morinis. Guess who I suggested ;-)

:lol:
SupermotoDave

Post by SupermotoDave »

Latest Information for those who might be coming or thinking of coming.

The format of the weekend is as follows:

Wednesday Start to arrive at the Golfers Arms, only about 5 miles from Cadwell Park Race Track. Prepare yourself mentally and meet old friends in the bar

Thursday Track day at Cadwell Park. We have been running this event for over 25 years and have a deserved reputation in the press for being one of the most relaxing track days with a very wide variety of bikes and a low number of big fast four cylinder machines. If anyone is considering a track day for the first time this would be a very good introduction. We still have plenty of space at £120 per bike and entry forms are available on the website www.morini-riders-club.com. As we have been running this event for so long we are allowed to organize the track groups as we wish and we do run Morini only sessions for our members. We have several foreign riders who have been coming from the continent for many years to this event and we also have a number of entries this year from foreign Corsaro 1200 owners. In the evening we go back to the Golfers Arms to unwind in the bar and perhaps relive the day on video. There should also be a big quiz in the bar.

Friday This is generally a day of rest following our exertions of the previous day, although we will have a Treasure hunt available for those who wish to explore the Lincolnshire countryside – with the added bonus of some cash prizes. We have also been told that we may expect a visit this year from a local TV crew who are keen to find out what a Moto Morini owner is. Possibly a nice quiet day to offer test rides if the thought of the track is too overwhelming. Friday evening we will have a local band performing, and the Golfers Arms will be putting on a curry night.

Saturday This is our big day where we will have our AGM from 11am with a break for lunch, when we traditionally vote for the best bikes in our Morini bike show, with the hope of winning one of our prestigious engraved tankards –will a new Corsaro win best bike?. After this we are having a reinstatement of our popular Motorcycle Gymkhana with obstacle course, slow riding and Motorcycle limbo etc, all in a suitably relaxed atmosphere.

In the evening we will be having the prize giving followed by a barbeque organized by the Golfers Arms and this is free for all Morini Riders Club members and attendees of the AGM.

Sunday Pack up and go home

If you have any queries please contact me by email or phone, or you might get me on my work number 0118 9826933, or next week on my mobile 07976092703.

Regards

David Marlow
MRC Chairman