1963 ish Corsaro rear brake return spring

Singles built before the Lambertini era
Godden 89

1963 ish Corsaro rear brake return spring

Post by Godden 89 »

My Corsaro has no rear brake return spring, does it fit on the centre stand pivot opposite the centre stand spring. I have seen centre stand springs on E bay there are 2 types not sure which would fit my Corsaro but are the the same a brake return spring?
Steve Brown

Re: 1963 ish Corsaro rear brake return spring

Post by Steve Brown »

Hi Mark, yes the return spring is fitted around the stand pivot tube. If you have a good look at the parts list I sent you it should become clear-that's how I worked it out!
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
Godden 89

Post by Godden 89 »

Good evening all, I need a new stand rear brake return spring. Ihave seen 2 on Flea Bay from Italy around £20 each.From the same supplier B&B Meccanica part No.KK266 and KK 265. However I am not sure which one to order. Any Idess help would be much appreciated
Morini Jen

Post by Morini Jen »

Apologies for the late reply, but I've had a little rummage in my Little Shed Of Horrors and have discovered the following...

There is no rear brake return spring as such. The foot lever is returned simply by the spring on the brake shoes.

There are two types of centre stand springs. My 1959 and 1964 Corsaros have what might be described as an 'early' spring which hooks over the centre stand. My 1972 5-speed Corsaro has a 'late' spring which hooks over a spigot on the side of the centre stand. I have some photos which hopefully show the difference but I'm having trouble attaching them.

I suspect that those KK numbers are just B&B's own numbers for stock control. I also suspect that the 'early' springs would fit any Corsaro but without the spigot the 'late' spring wouldn't work.

If you are looking for an 'early' centre stand spring the good news is that I have a spare one which you can have for half the price of a B&B one. Let me know if you are interested.
Morini Jen

Post by Morini Jen »

Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

Hi Jenny, ref the stand spring, on mine it does work on the stand as well as the brake pedal. I was struggling to work out where it hooked to until it all just sort of became clear while giving it a hard stare. If I can get a picture I'll try to show how it goes.
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
Morini Jen

Post by Morini Jen »

Hi Steve.

That's interesting. You must have given it a much harder stare than I did. I'd better take another look.

It would be good to see your picture. Every time I try to post mine I get logged out. :?