Tresette whine ?????

Singles built before the Lambertini era
Arthur Farrow

Tresette whine ?????

Post by Arthur Farrow »

I used my bike over the weekend properly for the first time in probably 20 years following rewire and fitting the German Ignition/alternator conversion. Did about 100 miles and it pulls so well and almost seems under-geared!! Bearing in mind I'm a big guy it really is good and it is almost unnecessary to ever change below 3rd gear evn thumping away from roundabouts.

It always did whine badly on the overrun ONLY and Benjy tells me Julian Radcliffes black bike is even worse than mine (they were both in Benjys place at the same time)

Any experience of this whine anybody ??

I know there were a few spare engines floating about a few years ...anybody got any bits for sale??
God save the King (& my pistons)

ARTHUR

0771 007 8586
Bob Purton

Re: Tresette whine ?????

Post by Bob Purton »

Hi. I used to ride a Tresette and mine got the whine after I replaced the cluth basket/ gear with a new one. The old one had a hairline crack in it so I was nervous of using it in case it broke and caused unimaginable damage. Bought a new old stock one from Mr Luzzi and thats when the whine started. I think if I had replaced both the basket gear and the small drive one it would have been ok. I'm told they should be replaced in pairs. I cant gaurantee thats the issue with yours but that was my experience. I now ride a lovely old Turismo with a ported head which goes better than my previous Tresette!
Arthur Farrow

Post by Arthur Farrow »

Many thanks !!
God save the King (& my pistons)

ARTHUR

0771 007 8586
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Is it a cheeky red, with hints of Castrol and an un burnt petrol finish?