125 Corsaro Veloce Timing?

Singles built before the Lambertini era
huskynox

125 Corsaro Veloce Timing?

Post by huskynox »

Hello, Can someone please help me with setting the points, dwell, and timing on my Corsaro Veloce. I believe the bike is a 1961.

I have tried to contact the Dutch guys for the manual and parts book, but I never hear back from my emails.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
MarkB

Re: 125 Corsaro Veloce Timing?

Post by MarkB »

I can't help you with the technical stuff, but I believe there's a problem with the Dutch club's website at the moment. They are very helpful people so don't give up on them!
Regards, Mark.
"I'll have a V please, Bob."
SettebelloDoug

Re: 125 Corsaro Veloce Timing?

Post by SettebelloDoug »

Hi huskynox..............It's been a while since your question, but I can say the following:

The ignition should be set at 38 degrees before top dead centre on full advance. I've seen references to fixed and automatic advance on a Corsaro. Are you able to move the points to full advance before ckecking / setting?

The exhaust valve should open 58 degrees before BDC and close 17 degrees after TDC. The inlet should open 19 degrees before TDC and close 60 degrees after BDC. The normal tappet clearance should be set at 0.05mm with the engine cold. For checking the valve openings mentioned above the tappetts should be set to 0.4mm.

Hope this helps......D