Tresette Sprint

Singles built before the Lambertini era
tremoto

Re: Tresette Sprint

Post by tremoto »

Ah the heady days of buying......I think I paid about £950-£1100 and that was at least 8 years ago for what was basically a bit of a dog with bits to get which I did not realise was tricky to source. Parts hunting and life gets in the way of a rebuild as ever and before you know it its almost a decade down the tubes!

A clear advantage of buying in this country is that you dont need to spend on transporting a bike and it should already be registered, Mot'd etc. Hopefully it should be up and running as a bonus but if you do buy abroad you could benefit from the exchange rate thing - the trouble with buying in Italia is the journey time it takes unless you get it transported. If you are brave and up for it Imola would be a real crack to get what you want, I've been to a few and they are great for rummaging around but Imola is vast and blowsthe others into the weeds.

Have seen Tresettes (not sprints) for what you are looking at Scambio's in Italia but its the bartering thing. Thats better done face to face or with a competent speaker with your best interest at heart. Make it a holiday and treat yourself, after all they wont get any cheaper if you ask me just dont over pay for one.
dsamways

Post by dsamways »

Well that still sounds like the right sort of money to me even in these delusional days - I picked up a MK1 Le Mans last year for £1500 which I thought was about right for a bike needing total restoration. I'm sure that if I listed it on eBay some lunatics would bid it up to three grand or more for a bike that's not worth more than £6500 in perfect condition (which is still a crazy price for machines which were produced in quite large numbers).

My point would be that if you asked someone interested in classic motorcycles if they'd heard of the Guzzi Le Mans they answer in the affirmative, not so for the Morini Tresette. Prices must be a reflection of this. Of course I could be wrong but it could only be tested by one turning up on the 'bay.

As it happens I'll be in Italy in a few weeks time, but alas I'm going to Venice - not much motorcycling going on there :D .
Tom

Post by Tom »

David, you naughty man, I didn't asked 2750 euro for my Tresette, so that still makes me a mad man? :mrgreen:
dsamways

Post by dsamways »

Tom wrote:David, you naughty man, I didn't asked 2750 euro for my Tresette, so that still makes me a mad man? :mrgreen:
Hi Tom, sorry if I misrepresented you. I just checked back with my emails and I think I misunderstood your offer at the time. I thought you were asking 2750 Euro, but re-reading the mail I think that you were actually asking for 2250 Euro. Is that right?

Anyway it was a very pretty machine.
Tom

Post by Tom »

Hi David!

Yes 2250 back then, but is will be 2750 after reading this post :wink:
Seriously, morini's are little gems, but it would not be much fun not doing the work yourself OR paying the crazy money asked for these bikes (for instance the prices in the home land)
I always thought the 'scene' after these bikes are ridiculous and spoiling the fun which can be had with restoring and riding these type of 'enthousiasts' bikes. I know this is going on with the classic Ducati's in Holland, fortunately not with the morinies!

Best Regards from Holland
Tom

Post by Tom »

morinipete wrote: They are not rare bikes and never were. Morini 175s were THE bike to have in Italy for nearly a decade.

Pete
May be a mass produced 175cc pushrod single is worth 4 grand these days ? Strange times..........

Strange times, yes, but massproduced, Are you sure?? :mrgreen:
dsamways

Post by dsamways »

Anyone else notice this on eBay? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330834306441

I thought £2250 was a fairly strong price for a project (even a pretty easy one). Obviously, the vendor didn't concur.
morinipete

Post by morinipete »

Yup, that would have been a very good selling price, I would have thought, for what seems to be a non-runner (wiring needs doing !) ? Wrong forks, shocks and no seat hump (you won't see one of those under 200 quid). Then again spend 1,000 quid and you MIGHT have something worth thousands ? I don't know.....think I might sell all mine and retire to the Caiman Islands.

Pete
dsamways

Post by dsamways »

morinipete wrote:think I might sell all mine and retire to the Caiman Islands.
What's wrong with Katmandu all of a sudden? :)
morinipete

Post by morinipete »

Actually it's a bit 'parky' here at present, though nothing like the UK by the looks of it !

I only delayed replying as I was trying to post a few pics of my latest 'tour' round Rajastan on the Bullet, but my technical incompetence has defeated me. You can see why I stick to to pushrod singles ! :oops:

Pete
morinipete

Post by morinipete »

Note the T-shirt :)

Pete
dsamways

Post by dsamways »

Wow, I thought the Katmandu location was a joke! When do you return to the UK or is it a permanent move?
morinipete

Post by morinipete »

Hi, here for work (I've been here on and off for years) but ending at Christmas. Who wants to be riding an Enfield in the 80s when you can wobble round on a Strada at minus 2 after all :)
SupermotoDave

Post by SupermotoDave »

Pete
You don't look that old; or did you mean the 1980s?

#Confused

David
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Wouldn't you prefer to be riding the Morini next to the Enfield? Is it a 501?