Project Kanguro Supermoto - Phase 2

Camel, Sahara, Kanguro, Coguaro
robinh44

Project Kanguro Supermoto - Phase 2

Post by robinh44 »

Hi,

Latest update, got the engine in after some minor alterations to the swinging arm mounts. Quite a tight fit at the back with the engine. The Ducati silencers fitted a treat to the existing sub frame, helped along by the Ducati under-tray which nicely splays out the silencers at the front end. Picture below:-

Rear view looks good:-

Also checked wheel alignment and have settled on using a CBR1000 front wheel axle with modified spacers. Had to grind a couple of mm off fork leg to allow disc clearance. Check rear chain alignment and need to machine 10mm off of sprocket carrier on rear wheel and at the gearbox sprocket can effectively turn sprocket round to give 10mm spacing required at front. Slight break now before I start on next phase of fitting tank & seat.

Regards

Robin[/img]
1984 Kanguro X1 home built special.
'Using yesterday's technology to create tomorrow's problem's today'
huub

Post by huub »

wow,

This looks nice, and should be fun to ride when finished..

cheers,
Hubert
robinh44

Post by robinh44 »

Hubert

Thanks for your comments, it is certainly beginning to look more like a motorcycle. I was thinking of polishing the black casings back to aluminium but the picture shows how good the black casings and aluminium cylinder/heads contrast so I will repaint the casings in black. The Ducati pipes fitted well, the ducati undertray I used creates the correct spacing and that classic spreading of the silencers to create a curvy rear end. Now the crunch time to see if my seat/tank choice works. I will keep you informed.

Regards

Robin
huub

Post by huub »

dont worry about the cases, they look good like this.
morini aluminium is a pig to polish, and impossible to keep shiny if the bike is used in winter .
seat and bodywork are going to be a challenge, so far the result is very nice so far, it would be a pity so spoil the looks of the bike.

cheers,
hubert
robinh44

Post by robinh44 »

Hubert,

Yep I know this is crunch time, seat & tank are crucial to the bikes looks. I am confident the FT500 tank will get me the flat tracker XR750 look I am after, although it seems to sit high on the frame. Then it depends on how well I can blend the BMW R1100R seat?. I think I can by modifying the base to allow some narrowing at the front. Should have a result of some sort in the next few weeks.

Regards

Robin