Kanguro X3 Rear Brake

Camel, Sahara, Kanguro, Coguaro
jb666

Kanguro X3 Rear Brake

Post by jb666 »

Try as I might I cannot get the rear brake on my Kanguro to bleed. I have tried my trusty old brake bleeder, bought a Gunson pressure bleeder and even tried gravity filling the brake line. Whatever I do I cannot get the pedal to firm up. Any suggestions?

If anyone has an exploded pic of the rear master cylinder I would appreciate it.

John.
robinh44

Post by robinh44 »

John

I had this issue once on my sons Mini, check your brake line is good as sometimes older brake hose can break down inside and collapse and turn to jelly. Also check the seals in the caliper and master cylinder, but it is easiest to check the brake line first.

Regards

Robin
1984 Kanguro X1 home built special.
'Using yesterday's technology to create tomorrow's problem's today'
jb666

Post by jb666 »

I was wondering about the brake line as the plastic sheath was split just above the master cylinder. The braiding looks OK though. I had the caliper apart and eased off the pistons - and remembered to put the little seal back between the halves!

Perhaps I will just ring NLM and get seals and brake line and overhaul the lot!!
robinh44

Post by robinh44 »

John

It will be money well spent, brake lines only deteriorate over time. When you get the line off the signs of collapse are that you cannot see daylight looking through one end to the other.

Regards

Robin
1984 Kanguro X1 home built special.
'Using yesterday's technology to create tomorrow's problem's today'
woodybear

Re: Kanguro X3 Rear Brake

Post by woodybear »

Does anyone know the outcome of this tale ? I think i have air leaking in somewhere after many days and nights just cannot get a good bleed, I'm thinking replace brake lines then master cyl strip but suspecting it will be both ... :-(
jb666

Re: Kanguro X3 Rear Brake

Post by jb666 »

Just to top off this one - I replaced the brake hose and then rebled by getting the caliper higher than the reservoir. The result was a very firm pressure on the pedal and a valid MOT as the result. I didn't examine the old hose too closely as it was a bit of a mess - very inflexible in places!!

Hope that helps.

John.