Kanguro wheel alignment

Camel, Sahara, Kanguro, Coguaro
Jem

Kanguro wheel alignment

Post by Jem »

last year I had the front wheel on my Kanguro rebuilt. When I came to check the wheel alignment last week I discovered the the rim & tyre are offset 4-5mm towards the left hand (disc) side. Can anyone tell me if this is this right?
I've heard of rear wheels being offset to get the chain line correct but always assumed that front wheels should be central between the forks. The hub itself is central - there is a minimum of clearance between the speedo drive and right fork leg already.
robinh44

Post by robinh44 »

Jem

My kanguro is dismantled and I have sold one fork leg, but I could take an overhead shot of my kanguro front wheel if this would help, or take some measurements? let me know.

Regards

Robin
1984 Kanguro X1 home built special.
'Using yesterday's technology to create tomorrow's problem's today'
Jem

Post by Jem »

Robin,

thanks. I should have said that mine is an X3 with disc brakes whereas I think the X1 has drums so it'll be difficult to match one against the other.

Jem
robinh44

Post by robinh44 »

Jem,

No the X1 has disc and you mentioned disc side, which is why I offered, let me know offer stands.

Regards

Robin
1984 Kanguro X1 home built special.
'Using yesterday's technology to create tomorrow's problem's today'
Jem

wheel alignment

Post by Jem »

Robin,

thanks for the offer. If you can say what the offset of the rim from the fork leg (either side) is and let me know what the width of the rim is I can compare.

Jem