Kanguro X1 owners

Camel, Sahara, Kanguro, Coguaro
maxhammond

Kanguro X1 owners

Post by maxhammond »

I've recently bought a very original and complete Kanguro X1. The only problem is somebody has changed the 12v and added an extra 6v regulator and changed the wiring which I'm trying to sort out.
Is there anybody not a million miles from South Cheshire/North Staffordshire who's has got one that I can study the wiring under the n/side panel or send me photos of.
I've got a wiring diagram but actual wiring and photos are a lot easier to make sense of to me,
Cheers
Max
Attachments
20231022_153658.jpg
20231022_153658.jpg (431.52 KiB) Viewed 4496 times
Steve Brown

Re: Kanguro X1 owners

Post by Steve Brown »

Looks a good starting point for a Kanguro! I haven't got the pics you want but I'd guess the second reg/rec is fed by the grey wire from the flywheel? This is what usually sends the 12v AC to the headlamp via the L/H switch cluster. Does that help?
Are you a member of the MRC? If so you can join the Green Lane section too, you'll find a lot of help available there specific to the trail bikes. Most of us seem to be on that more often than here!
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
maxhammond

Post by maxhammond »

Where is the green lane section?
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

We're everywhere! Including overseas. The section is a non regional sub section of the UK MRC. We communicate mainly via the whatsapp group and there is an email address for us in the contacts section of ATG.
We organise group rides whenever we can, we promote legal and responsible green lane use-in line with UK TRF practice for instance. We had a group in Spain earlier this year for a week long trip, there is the possibility of an Isle of Man trip too. We rely on our members spread far and wide to set up rides in their areas for us to join in.
The group also helps each other out with technical questions and spare part searches.
It's a lively section that includes riders, restorers and competition riders and attends some of the major classic shows too.
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

maxhammond wrote: 15 Nov 2023 11:11 Where is the green lane section?
If you're in or near Stoke on Trent you are well placed for some Kanguro friendly riding fun!
Vitesse

Post by Vitesse »

Steve Brown wrote: 15 Nov 2023 22:14
If you're in or near Stoke on Trent you are well placed for some Kanguro friendly riding fun!
and the Telford Show!
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

Vitesse wrote: 17 Nov 2023 08:53
Steve Brown wrote: 15 Nov 2023 22:14
and the Telford Show!
Oh Yes! How about it Max?
Morini047

Post by Morini047 »

In my opinion the best option is to take a morini 500 stator which is 12V, put the lombardini voltage regulator. In that way you have a complete 12V installation. That's how I did it and put a 12V 3Ah battery in Croatia it is quite difficult to find 6V batteries and light bulbs and other things