A bit of mild greenlaning on the X

Camel, Sahara, Kanguro, Coguaro
jotapip

A bit of mild greenlaning on the X

Post by jotapip »

Its been a while since anyone has posted anything on this page,so here goes..with the arctic conditions we have been experiencing in Lincolnshire of late,ie extremely cold but very sunny,i got a bit bored with sitting about the house last week and on the day after new years day i decided to drag the kanguro out for a bit of a ride,donned my thermal gear and set off round some of the country lanes that are abundant in these parts,after about half an hour of riding nowhere in particular i found myself pretty near to one of the local green lane BOATS,i have only ever ridden it once last spring when the ground was sodden and very muddy,anyway i thought since i'm here and with nothing better to do i would do it again..so i set off over the frost hardened ground ,negotiating the various ruts and dips of the lane ,it always surpises me the amount of concentration required when riding off road,25mph on a lane feels like flat out on the road,and its quite easy to get carried away with the speed thinking that you can get away with going that little bit faster,the bike coped admirably with the conditions,although i think maybe my rear shock might be a bit under par ,it seemed to bottom out too easily, but the front fork travel is really good coping well with the terrain,all in all i think the X kanguro makes a reasonable off roader,the seat height isnt as high as the later models which makes it easier to dab the ground,if needed,my only fly in the ointment was despite the well padded appearance of the seat,there seems to be a hard ridge about half way along ,which after a while becomes more noticable ,i once saw a Kanguro at the Stafford show that was fitted with an inflatable air cover over the seat ,so i am not the only one who has experienced discomfort!

I didnt see another soul on my travels off road ,and the peace and still air seemed a perfect tonic to my being a couch potato,it really blew the cobwebs away and was a joy,so anyone out there with a Kanguro who has been dubious about the bikes off road capabilities rest assured a bit of MILD greenlaning is more than possible ..happy new year to all. :D
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Now that's worth printing in ATG...

Happy New Year to you to, and Good Riding! 8)

CC
"I'll use the Morini"