camel 500 and camel 501 wiring diags anyone?

Camel, Sahara, Kanguro, Coguaro
tried-them-all

camel 500 and camel 501 wiring diags anyone?

Post by tried-them-all »

Just gettng my 1983 2nd series camel back together and my 1985 501 going again and I need wiring diagrams for both of them - any help out there?

phil in australia...
'It must be a .....'

Re: camel 500 and camel 501 wiring diags anyone?

Post by 'It must be a .....' »

Hi, all the twin shock 500 Camels are the same with slight changes for the clock cluster

See this thread where there is a MkI as well as a link to a modified version
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5262&p=27706&hilit= ... ram#p27706

The first 6V DC/12V AC 501 Camel wiring is similar but has different loom/layout on the bike
The 12V electric start 501 Camel is the same as the last 350 Kanguro; If you send a PM with your email I can send a pdf

The wiring diagrams are in the owner/model hand books, so search for those on the internet

Trust this helps, have fun
tried-them-all

Post by tried-them-all »

thanks for that, it is a help... it is certainly the correct fuse box wiring sequence as it matches the internal connections of my box - it's a pity the colour codes aren't clear..however I will get it done. Looks like on my model 500 camel Morini deleted the oil pressure switch (and warning light) and turn indicator light on the dash.

For the 501 camel I only need to know where the magneto wiring fits into this junction box...

also, do you know the correct amps for the fuses?
thanks
phil
Attachments
DSCF5010.JPG
DSCF5010.JPG (225.31 KiB) Viewed 2542 times
DSCF5008.JPG
DSCF5008.JPG (507.7 KiB) Viewed 2542 times
'It must be a .....'

Post by 'It must be a .....' »

Hi, I don't have a 501 wiring diagram but I do have the remains of a 6V DC 12V AC wiring loom from a 501 Camel
The junction box spades are linked behind and from the left are arranged in clusters of 4-4-2

The wiring and ignition circuit is similar to the 500 Camel, use the same coloured wires and I have used a 500 Camel wiring diagram (and bike) as a guide for working on 501 electrics

White - Dedicated earth from the alternator stator to both transducers (coils)
Red - Pickup to transducers
Green - Ignition switch with diode in line
Blue - Frame earth

Looking at your photo of the junction box you have either two or three connections missing?
White wire missing is either from the stator or transducers
Check where the connected two red wires go to (pickup?)

As the ignition system is self generated and the connections between stator/transducers/pickup are quite simple and should be easy to work out

The ignition switch (Green wire) connection is a switched earth; if removed double check connections here as a DC current will toast tranducers

Yes, only the MkI Camel came with an oil pressure switch

Good luck, have fun, Ian