Just do it

Camel, Sahara, Kanguro, Coguaro
Steve Brown

Just do it

Post by Steve Brown »

I can't believe it's over a month since we posted anything here! So, just to post something that none of you will be able to take advantage of-we will be riding the lanes together tomorrow as a mighty Morini gang of erm two..
Of course, I would be happy for any of you to boost the attendance at such short notice.
Kanguro X and Camel will be meeting at a secret location called Gilmorton at around midday.
This will also be the first Green Lane Section event for this month. We failed miserably last month-and there won't even be a report in the next ATG as I had nowt to report.
Well I plan to change that for the next issue so please let us know if you are doing any Morini trail riding in June. Particularly if you want anyone else to join in-some of us are keen to travel and ride unfamiliar and far flung places :)
There are plans afoot for exciting events later in the year too. If you aren't already on the Whatsapp Green Lane Group please let me know and I'll add you to it.
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
julianharty

Re: Just do it

Post by julianharty »

I'm still waiting for my UK registration for my Kanguro X. Meanwhile I've been enjoying riding a tiddler, a Honda TL 125 Japanese import from the 1970's which I'm also fettling to iron out various problems it'd accumulated. I've a newfound interest in BOATs (Byways Open to All Traffic) and similar roads - there are relatively few around me (High Wycombe, Bucks) and I've also had to apply for a permit to ride on some of the BOATs which have been restricted - I think to motorbikes of all things.

Anyway, hope to join you asap
Steve Brown

Re: Just do it

Post by Steve Brown »

I think it a positive that where these permit systems are in operation bikes are allowed. For once we are not seen as the villains in the surface erosion on sensitive routes-the 4x4s are the chief culprits along with the massive tractors-but obviously we won't be banning those!
Glad you're enjoying that TL and hope you find some other routes within striking distance to ride.
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.