Throttle cable splitter

Camel, Sahara, Kanguro, Coguaro
3potjohn

Throttle cable splitter

Post by 3potjohn »

I had my carbs apart earlier yesterday, these are PHBH carbs. To get enough slack on the cables to allow me to hold the spring up whilst disengaging it from the slides I undid my throttle mechanism.
However on reassembling carbs and starting the bike it roared up to 4000rpm.
There was no slack in the cables going into the back of the splitter which itself screws into the throttle housing. I have had this apart a few times subsequently. The cable passes through a white cable guide within the throttle. This is seated correctly.
With the throttle cable hanging loose the tickover is back to normal with slack in the pair of cables going to the carbs.I am damned if I can see how the splitter is causing the tension but something inside is clearly not correct. There is not quite enough slack in the single cable running from splitter to twistgrip.
Bit of rain stopped play. Maybe hanging on a displaced nipple?? I cannot see for looking.First bike in eleven with splitters so not familiar.
Any ideas? The carbs are a damnation to get at due to being as it were uptight, outa sight and in the groove on this Coguaro.
3potjohn

Re: Throttle cable splitter

Post by 3potjohn »

Fixed. Amazing the effect of a cup of tea. Just by waggling the short cable to the throttle it sort of notched forward about 2mm.
Guess the lower nipple was not seating.Cleaned considerable mud from under seat area.
Now if only there was a rear hugger.....maybe F800 .Hmmmmmm.
John