The RebuildRebuild

Camel, Sahara, Kanguro, Coguaro
jb666

The RebuildRebuild

Post by jb666 »

I'm now in the rebuild phase of the Coguaro with all parts present and ready for use. Today was the day to put the crankcase halves back together and so that's what happened and boy did it look good.

Now for the left hand case - pick up the oil pump and ...... what's that there??

Promise not to laugh and extract the michael too much but there staring at me were the cam followers for the front pot. How I forgot to put them in I don't know.

Right then. Split the crankcases and go in and cook tea!! I'll try again later ...... perhaps.

John (who is wondering if he is losing his marbles!!)
Kamel

Re: The RebuildRebuild

Post by Kamel »

Marbles and cam followers are easily mislaid in my experience. :roll:
3potjohn

Re: The RebuildRebuild

Post by 3potjohn »

Good luck with the rebuild. When I rebuilt my Sport the first time in 2008 I was so careful to get the cases together I missed that there was a very slight imperfect seal right behind the rear cylinder, so had a small weep for 8 years. Next time I made sure that it was OK. I use a very thin application of threebond 1184 but only recently realised it has an upper limit of 150 oC. No issues though.
I do not like to leave a process unfinished as I might forget something.This can cause friction if mealtime clashes! Best ever was not replacing the drain plug in the frame on my oily framed A65 before refilling and not replacing the dipstick on a Beemer before starting it up next to my car.
Best to photograph everything nowadays.
John