NEW! Green Lane Morini Group!

Camel, Sahara, Kanguro, Coguaro
Steve Brown

NEW! Green Lane Morini Group!

Post by Steve Brown »

Morning all, as in the announcements forum this new group is now live. Our first group ride is on 31st August (Bank Holiday Monday) here in Leicestershire UK. Start location to be announced but will be in either the South or the East of the county. This very first meet is also my attempt to get a photographp of the most Morini trail bikes assembled on one green lane together and challenge the rest of the world to beat it! So please turn up with your Morini trail bike for that at least. The photo will be taken on a section of easy lane that the average adventure bike would be capable of riding so very little risk to you or your bike!
This group and the rides we organise are open to any Morini Powered bikes that are road legal. So that is anything from 50cc upwards that either the factory or you have prepared for light trail riding. Regolaritas, Kanguros, Camels, Coguaros, Granpassos the lot. Obviously the riders need to be road legal too and we will only be using legal rights of way and riding with respect for other countryside users we meet. No racing, no competition other than the record attempt and I will be using the TRF code of conduct as guidelines for us.
For the world record attempt photo you won't need to go far off tarmac in case that bothers you-I just want you to be there with your bike!
I am setting up a Whatsapp group for this, so if you want to be informed of this and future rides/events please let me know your contact details in a PM and I will add you to the list.
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
George 350

Re: NEW! Green Lane Morini Group!

Post by George 350 »

Steve,
I don't do off road, but may I say WELL DONE for setting this up and doing this for the dirty Morini riders.
Regards, George
George
350 sport 1978, 350 Strada 1978
650 Norton 1967, 650 Kawasaki 1977 and 650 Enfield 2019
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

George 350 wrote:Steve,
I don't do off road, but may I say WELL DONE for setting this up and doing this for the dirty Morini riders.
Regards, George
Thanks George, nice of you to say. Please pass this on to anyone you think may be interested. Not everyone reads the forum or uses facebook.
steveffs

Post by steveffs »

Sign me up to the group. As for the run, work allowing I will try and be there. If there is any one in the north london/essex area and fancy company on the ride up let me know.

Steve
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

steveffs wrote:Sign me up to the group. As for the run, work allowing I will try and be there. If there is any one in the north london/essex area and fancy company on the ride up let me know.

Steve
Steve, you are now added to the Whatsapp group. For everyone else please consider doing as Steve suggests and travel here together if you can. If you fancy coming the night before or even making a weekend out of it I can try to point you in the direction of Hotels, B&Bs or campsites. Also decent pubs and restaurants. :)
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

As mentioned above, if you want to come the night before the event or even make a weekend of this, then please do and let me know. If you want help or advice on local accommodation or camping I will try to help there too. The area is quite nice in a gentle rolling English countryside kind of way, so if you don't want to spend the Bank Holiday in traffic heading for the coast, simples-come to us! We have nice pubs and restaurants plus the best chippy for miles.
I would like to know if you need to park a van or trailer while we go riding too, so I can check the availability.
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

This is gathering pace steadily I'm pleased to say. The thought has just occurred to me that we have a few members who are handy with a camera. If you are that person please come and join us to record the turn out. My skills behind a camera are poor so you would really be doing us a favour and you get the honour of having images published in ATG! You don't need to be a trail rider but there is no reason why you can't ride with us too. That would be just perfect.
Please get in touch!