Carb problems ?

Camel, Sahara, Kanguro, Coguaro
norbert

Re: Carb problems ?

Post by norbert »

Are you still riding 122 main jets with the big original 501 airfilter?
I guess with this filter (probably the best for this motor, although dificult to mount in a street frame) you should use a much smaller main jet. If I remebmer well the Excalibur/New York has a 76 main jet, X18 3rd notch, 264 BC, 38-42 idle jet. And I think the filterbox of the 501 customs is the same as Coguaro.

- I´m running a 501/PHBH28 with an original 350 filterbox with 130 main jet.
- another 501/PHBH28 with Polini pot filters with 115 main jet (with K+N Replikas bigger main jets)
(I use 268T and 50 slides, but that doesn´t seem to have too much influenco on my main jets)

If the problem of stunning only appears with a hot motor, try without the pickup tap(if you have a Ducati ignicion). To me it happened two times that the pickup was slowly starving. And it began like this, the pickup began to fail when getting hot.

norbert
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

122mains with flowerpotted filter housing and just the end can silencers. Am going to try new x18 needles as one was lightly corroded. Update to follow. Paradoxically perhaps it ran quite well today in pouring rain for a short run of 42miles.
Kokusan ignition.
John
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

Re-sealed all exhaust joints beyond the castle nuts, new X18 needles.All pretty good now.Not absolutely as faultless as the Sport but nearly. What an experience ( which I think WC Fields said is what you get when when you are looking for something else.)
John