Grimeca front master cylinder 12mm O rings

Camel, Sahara, Kanguro, Coguaro
Haboola72

Grimeca front master cylinder 12mm O rings

Post by Haboola72 »

Having rebuilt the front brake lever assembly 2 years ago, I find that the occasional drop of DOT4 is finding its way past the seal and bellows and dropping onto the lacquered flank of my Camel X2. The piston bore may be worn or dirt has got in , in any case, I went on the Mdina site and the kit would set me back around £36.00 for 2 12mm seals and bellows, not including VAT and shipping.

I still had the Ariete packaging from NLM , the code on the packet reads 12875-PO . When I referenced this code with the Ariete catalogue it was for 13mm pistons only, not 12mm which my piston is. The Ariete kit retails for 23.00 euros inc.VAT.

Anybody out there with a Camel or Kanguro know what the correct code is for these seals?
Ariete say the bike is too old to feature in their catalogue, (paradoxically the 500 with 19mm piston is listed) and they are eager to fob me off with their distributor in the UK..... Andrew at Mdina motorcycle spares.

In the meantime I've ordered a chinese 14mm mastercylinder and brake lever assembly , virtually identical to the Grimeca one, for 14 euros all in with free shipping.
I've had good reports on these, and it will be a good temporary stop gap. A no brainer as they say..
Haboola72

Re: Grimeca front master cylinder 12mm O rings

Post by Haboola72 »

Apologies. The Mdina Italia site quoted £33.00 inc. Vat, not including shipping.
No 12mm seal kits in stock.
acemorini

Post by acemorini »

I run Chinese master cylinders on a couple of my Morini’s with no problems and at £6.00 ish each including the leaverita as you say a no brainier, the ones I use are for Suzuki 125.
Regards Pete.
norbert

Post by norbert »

Try Jörg Bohnenstiel/bomoto, he´s my man for the hidraulic brakes: https://www.bomoto.de/joomla/
E-Mail: bomoto@t-online.de

Are you sure, that the kit from Mdina does not include a piston?

good luck
Norbert
Haboola72

Post by Haboola72 »

An update on the 12mm front brake master cylinder for all 501 camels and x3 kanguros.
The Ariete code is:
12868-PO
In the end I bought them on Ebay from the U.S. It worked out about the same as getting them direct from Ariete and certainly cheaper than Mdina Italia.

And no the piston isn't included.