lightbulb and carb questions....

Camel, Sahara, Kanguro, Coguaro
sikadellic

lightbulb and carb questions....

Post by sikadellic »

Hello people I have a kanguro 350 X 1984, It is a kickstart only model,and I am looking for some electric info, and some starting positions for the carb screws..my issue with the electrics is I cannot find a wiring diagram to match the wires that are on the bike , eg I have red white and green wires going to the tranducers, so that ties in with the 500 diagram but then I have yellow, blue, brown, and two grey wires coming from the regulator, which does not .match.the ignition has orange red blue and two brown ...there are "some adjustments" been made but mostly its the original wiring. it does have blue earths so that's ok, but I have no idea what carries power to the ignition, I can work backwards of each component but that will be a PITA. So if somebody knows a little and can help me out that would be great, thanks Simon.
]It is NEVER too late for a happy childhood.
Steve Brown

Re: lightbulb and carb questions....

Post by Steve Brown »

Carb mixture screws start at 1.5 turns out, then adjust to obtain best idle. Anything from 0.75 to 2 turns out seems to be possible. Also read up on pilot jet sizes on this forum, there are plenty of clues there.
As for your electrics, or wiring colours they sound about right for a 6/12v Kanguro.
The main ignition supply is the green wire which carries A/C from the flywheel to the ignition switch then the transducers. The red to the transducers is the signal from the pick up on the end of the camshaft. The white on the transducers is an extra safety/belt and braces earth direct to the alternator stator. Blue is normal earth colour on all the older Morinis as you've guessed.
Don't look at a wiring diagram for a 500, it won't help at all. Best tip here is look at a diagram for your bike. E.g. the mixed 6/12v system as on all the pre electric start trail models. You can find good schematics on the Dutch Morini club website. It's well worth you looking there, lots of good info.

You do know the ignition is not battery supplied and that the lights are 6 volt DC, apart from the headlamp bulb which is 12 volts AC, don't you?
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.