rough running kanguro

Camel, Sahara, Kanguro, Coguaro
robinh44

Post by robinh44 »

Phil

Good to hear is up and running, sorry can't help with the speedo drive as I sold mine to a fellow owner. Regarding the tank, I would not have thought the frame had changed much but as the tanks are a lot larger they may have fitted additional supports. Don't know if any of the X3 owners out there have got any shots with the tank off as that would be quite handy. I checked the parts manual for the X2 which has a larger tank and the fitments appear the same with the rubber supports either side and fastening at the rear.

Regards

Robin
1984 Kanguro X1 home built special.
'Using yesterday's technology to create tomorrow's problem's today'
jotapip

Post by jotapip »

Hello all,the bikes been running fine lately,but i've just noticed i've lost my brake light!...thought it would just be a blown bulb but thats OK,i looked in vain for a blown fuse but i can only find one inside the left side panel near the battery,and thats OK...any ideas as to where to look next,i am a total electrical incompetant!!.

Thanks Phil.
robinh44

Post by robinh44 »

Phil

The brake light not working can be a number of issues, I have listed some below, you did'nt mention front or rear but the instructions below should be good for both:-

1) With ignition switch on check one of the wires going to the brake switch have 12v , if not then trace wire back and find where the 12v has gone
2) check brake light switch with meter, ensure good short circuit received when switch operated
3) check stop light switch connections, it has small spade connectors that can corrode or loosen, use meter to buzz out connections to bulb holder
4) prove bulb by replacement with known good, or test bulb in another fitting.
5) Check ground to bulb holder

Regards

Robin
1984 Kanguro X1 home built special.
'Using yesterday's technology to create tomorrow's problem's today'
jotapip

Post by jotapip »

Hi Robin,thanks for that,both the front and rear switches are not working,and they were about 2 weeks ago for the MOT test!...I've checked the bulb with one that i know works Ok,and i will have to borrow a mates Multi-meter,although i'm not sure how to use it!!,i'm more mechanically minded than electrical,electrics scare the hell out of me for some reason.

I'll let you know how i get on.

Thanks Phil.