electric start

Camel, Sahara, Kanguro, Coguaro
elektrobank

electric start

Post by elektrobank »

hi all!

i'd like to convert my 501 camel to electric start, for sure i will need the specific rotof and the "e-start motor right carter"

i will need to modify the stator (i have the original one 6v + 12v)

i will need to create a good wire-harness...

at the moment i have wires to power up only the front headlight (H4 12volt lamp) and rear bulb (12volt, 5 watts)

what kind of tension regulator will i need?
what kind of battery?
what will be the right area to place battery?

any help and hints will be appreciated
thanks to all
Gianluca
cosworth
924T
Camel 501
hendre

Post by hendre »

Hi,

Battery: CB18L-A or YB18L-A to be placed just before the rear mudguard

Regulator and e-start motor right carter I have if you like.

You also need another flywheel with a special rim to catch the starter, better off buying a whole stator/flywheel assembly for a 3 1/2 or 500.

The wire harnass you can adapt yourself, I can mail you a wire schedule if you want.

Greetings, André The Netherlands
elektrobank

Post by elektrobank »

hendre wrote:Hi,

Battery: CB18L-A or YB18L-A to be placed just before the rear mudguard

Regulator and e-start motor right carter I have if you like.

You also need another flywheel with a special rim to catch the starter, better off buying a whole stator/flywheel assembly for a 3 1/2 or 500.

The wire harnass you can adapt yourself, I can mail you a wire schedule if you want.

Greetings, André The Netherlands
this is whati i will receive during this week...

http://cgi.ebay.it/VOLANO-PER-MOTORI-CO ... dZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.it/GRUPPO-DI-AVVIAMENTO ... dZViewItem

i will need your regulator :)

and the battery will be placed between the exhaust under the "oil catch tank? i will need to fabricate some form of battery-stand i think... and will the heat produced from exhaust affect in some way the battery?

any pics of the original mounting way?

wiring will not be a problem i have a lot of evenings and nights to get mad :D :D

thanks
cosworth
924T
Camel 501
hendre

Post by hendre »

Hi,

Do not know if the flywheel does the job, does it heve the extra cup on the other (outer) side which will catch the starter shoes? Cannot see from the pictures on eBay. You still need a 12V stator (or modify yours) as a Kanguro does not generate enough power to change the whole system over to 12V

I kind of forgot that off road bikes have a real small battery and the new one probably will not fot in the this place. I tried to find a picture but at the moment I lost the internet page which holds a PDF for the parts or workshop manual. Close to the exhaust is not a good idea as it will melt the housing and spill acid all around your bike. The dimensions are W180xD125xH170 in mm, try and see where it would fit. You also would need a starter relay and starter button on the steering, any universal part will do.

The regulator I will try and find next wednesday and send you a picture (and the wiring schedule), can you send me a personal message with your email adress?