Kangaro sprockets

Camel, Sahara, Kanguro, Coguaro
acemorini

Kangaro sprockets

Post by acemorini »

Evening, my x3 Kangaro has a 47 tooth rear sprocket and 14 tooth front sprocket which is ok it goes like a rocket of the line, what size sprockets does everyone else run on the road.
Regards Pete
MickeyMoto

Re: Kangaro sprockets

Post by MickeyMoto »

Hi Pete,

I changed mine to make it more relaxed on the motorway. I need to have a look next time I'm in the garage. I'm sure I changed the front sprocket and the rear. Gave Rob at NLM a call, he told me which ones to use.

Mike.
acemorini

Post by acemorini »

Hello Mike, thanks I will give them a call next week.
Regards Pete.
Jem

Post by Jem »

My X3 has a 44 tooth rear sprocket which gives a a nippy ride around town. These are available off the shelf (well, out of the catalogue), in steel or aluminium, from any useful bike dealer. You don't have to go to NLM.

The standard gearing on Stradas & Sports (38 teeth) is way too high making 5th & 6th overdrives. I've used a 40 tooth rear on my Sport which is much nicer around town and 6th is still a relaxed cruising ratio.
acemorini

Post by acemorini »

Thanks Jem, I have not got round to phoning NLM, but hunting around in the yard looking for something else I found a 44 tooth rear sprocket, so I will give that a go.
Regards Pete.
acemorini

Post by acemorini »

Fitted the 44 tooth rear sprocket this afternoon, what a difference it makes, still accelerates llke a rocket, but much better on fast A and B roads, went for a quick spin around the block and ended up in Eastbourne.
Regards Pete.