X3 Exhaust on an X?

Camel, Sahara, Kanguro, Coguaro
Cookie

X3 Exhaust on an X?

Post by Cookie »

Would anyone know if it is possible to fit an X3 exhaust on an X model Kanguro?
Well obviously it would be possible, so I guess the question really is how difficult it would be.
I know the frames are different but the mounting point for the mufflers looks like it could be adapted to pick up an existing bracket if not right in line. Was more wondering about the link pipe and how the rear header runs.
Alternatively if anyone has a front header for an X or X1 going spare let me know.
Thanks
Dennis.
windy

Re: X3 Exhaust on an X?

Post by windy »

On the X1 the rear header runs tight around the back of the barrel and sweeps back across to the right side, where it joins the silencer along with the front header, whereas the X3 rear header just drops down & then roughly follows the frame but stays on the left side. Also the X3 link pipe would run across exactly where the battery is on an X1.

Due to the battery box etc theres no space on the left side for the rear header to run on an X1 so it would be very awkward to use the X3 header without converting it to exit on the opposite side & making a 2 into 1 system.

I'm just putting an X1 on the road & it has a very rusty exhaust system, but frustratingly I have an X3 spares bike with a vgc stainless system, so if it was straightforward I'd have liked to have used it.
Cookie

Post by Cookie »

Thanks Windy,
Thats exacly the insight that I was hoping for.
Actually had to cut the front header to get the nut out so thats whats really needed, but as the mufflers a little 'tired' was wondering about the full X3 system onGerman Ebay.
Looking at getting stainless headers made but if that doesnt work may look at getting the X3 front pipe to modify. From the bits you have do you think it would be possible to cut down the X3 header before where the link pipe joins?
windy

Post by windy »

Do you mean this one?

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Auspuff-Krummer- ... 541b91e0de

Should be ok to block the link pipe hole & cut the header to the length needed. Can't see why it shouldn't work
Cookie

Post by Cookie »

Yep, thats the one. Backup plan at the moment but thanks for the info.
windy

Post by windy »

Your silencer is rough too? Mine is shot! Been wondering what to replace it with?