Kanguro X1

Camel, Sahara, Kanguro, Coguaro
Shortspy

Kanguro X1

Post by Shortspy »

My first time on the forum, so please bear with me, we're not computer savvy in Norfolk. I recently bought a 1984 Kanguro X1 (a grey import, it has a disc front and drum rear brake which suggests it may be an "X1+a bit") with a few issues, the wiring being one of the biggest. In an October 2010 topic entitled "Kanguro X, what battery" there is a link to Mediafire with the lure of a Kanguro wiring diagram, but the link no longer works. Can anyone point me in the direction of such a fabled document - please?
robinh44

Re: Kanguro X1

Post by robinh44 »

Hi,

Try the mediafire links again they should work now.

Regards

Robin
1984 Kanguro X1 home built special.
'Using yesterday's technology to create tomorrow's problem's today'
Shortspy

Post by Shortspy »

Robinh44, many thanks for that. Now the fun can begin, comparing what is there (or isn't) with what should be there.
robinh44

Post by robinh44 »

Hi,

Keep us posted on the forum how you are getting on. And I will try and assist as best as I can. What part of Norfolk are you in? I am based over in North Herts.

Regards

Robin
1984 Kanguro X1 home built special.
'Using yesterday's technology to create tomorrow's problem's today'
Shortspy

Post by Shortspy »

Robin, I bought the Kanguro as an Mot'd runner, although knowing that there were a few jobs to do to renew the mot. I've changed the timing belt, as that seemed a reasonable precaution, and I'm now in the middle of the wiring, but I don't expect it to be a quick job. Not that it's a difficult task, just that I'm a slow worker. The bike probably deserves a full rebuild but I want to just get it sorted and running as is, then maybe a make-over can be a future project - I'll put the occasional post on here with progress (assuming there is some). I'm in Aylsham, about half-way to the coast, and getting closer by the year, from Norwich.
Thanks for your help and interest, regards, David
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Hi David,

My brother lives in Aylsham. He has a Guzzi and a Triumph. I'm rebuilding an X3 at the moment, well I've stripped it but not got around to putting it back together yet. If I'm around his neck of the woods I'd like to have a look at the X1.

Mike.
Shortspy

Post by Shortspy »

Hi Mike, when you are next in Aylsham give me a call (07808124690)
Regards, David