Back on the Road!!

Camel, Sahara, Kanguro, Coguaro
jb666

Back on the Road!!

Post by jb666 »

A good week in the garage this week! Found the reason the battery wasn't charging - the fuse had got hot (melting hot!) at some stage and as a consequence was not long enough to make contact. Simple really. Ah, you may ask, but why did it get hot? Well the old battery was pretty knackered when I changed it so my guess is that it had shorted on the plates and allowed a high current to flow but not enough to blow the 16A fuse. I'm getting quite a wiz at taking the plastic off to get at that part of the bike. I think a relocation is in order (sometime!).
Having sorted that I took the Coguaro for MOT which it passed with an advisory on the front tyre. Now all I need is DVLA to get their finger out and change the make from Moto Guzzi to Morini on the V5c. Don't ask me I don't know why!!
Right then, back out to try and make it run a bit better than at present. Feels like fuel starvation so will be checking for ancient crud that has shifted in the recent runnings. Hopefully all will be well for next weeks epic journey to the Morini Treffen in Germany. If not it will have to be the Strada again!!

Merry Moriniing all,

John.
robinh44

Post by robinh44 »

John

Well at least you have almost made your deadline of June I see from your earlier post. I have missed my intial deadline on my Kanguro Supermoto project, I was meant to have it done for last weekend to attend the Knebworth bike show. Now I have a new deadline next Thursday 14th for MOT!!, and then all being well up to Derbyshire for the Horizons unlimited bike meet. I am having wiring issues, I have none!!. Will be building a new loom based on a BMW K75 wiring loom to match the handlebars controls from a BMW K75. Working every evening on it at the moment. Will post some pictures when it is done.

Regards

Robin
1984 Kanguro X1 home built special.
'Using yesterday's technology to create tomorrow's problem's today'
huub

Post by huub »

a home made wiring loom to accomodate bmw switches? wow , you have a weird taste, those switches are the first things i would scrap on a BMW.
but i am still curious about the result of youur project, keep us posted,

Cheers,
Hubert
robinh44

Post by robinh44 »

Huub

Good to hear from you again, how is the Guzzi-Moto?. Yes I know the BMW switches are universally disliked, however I had a R1100RS for a couple of years and quite liked the paddle indicator switches. Also being BMW top quality. The project is very close to finish, MOT is next week and it has to be done. Will update here in the offroad section as soon as pictures are taken.

Regards

Robin
huub

Post by huub »

To be honest the guzzi-moto hasnt left the shed for a couple of months, ,
a new job meant i suddenly needed a fast commuter ( 250 km/day is no fun on either a enfield bullet or a guzzi falcone, my normal commuters)
so i ended up buying a cagiva elefant for daily transport.....

by now you probably found out i am the one with the weird taste......
you probably did some test drives with the morini , any results so far?

cheers,
hubert
robinh44

Post by robinh44 »

Huub

No other than riding the Kanguro home in May 06, the closest I have come is an engine run. So I still don't know how it will ride?, fingers crossed. It looks like it should ride ok, and the riding position feels good.

Regards

Robin