HELP

Camel, Sahara, Kanguro, Coguaro
spindle666

HELP

Post by spindle666 »

Can any body help? i have an ex raf kanguro x3, this has a demob number but no frame number. i need to find out what the original frame number was so i can get an age related number plate and not the q plate it now has. can any one out there help? NLM have tried but they need the original frame number to issue the new plate so its round in circles at the moment. have you had this problem?
EVguru

Re: HELP

Post by EVguru »

No, I just don't worry about having a Q plate on my 500 Sei V.

In the case of my bike it's because it was imported before age related registrations started being issued.

My insurance company (Peter James) don't have a problem with it (some do apparently).
Paul Compton
http://www.morini-mania.co.uk
http://www.youtube.com/user/EVguru
spindle666

Post by spindle666 »

thanks for that i will give them a try, im just want to muse the bloody thing lol thanks again
morinipete

Post by morinipete »

Hi, as a matter of interest as I was wondering about your "ex-RAF" comment. The RAF had some Kanguros ?

Cheers

Pete
spindle666

Post by spindle666 »

morinipete wrote:Hi, as a matter of interest as I was wondering about your "ex-RAF" comment. The RAF had some Kanguros ?

Cheers

Pete
yes or so i was told when i bought my kang. it has no frame number just a demob number which checks out to be mod. i just want to get a normal plate on it, any idea's? Dave
morinipete

Post by morinipete »

Hi if it's ex-military, I would have thought it must be a UK purchase, so have an engine number (across the engine, along the line of the rear top engine mounting bolt)? You coud use the engine number as NLM sold loads of Kanguros and could place your number within a few months. Weeks possibly ?

If it has no number at all NLM, or Arthur Farrow as VMCC marque specilaist, should be able to issue a letter stating "this machine was made between X and Y", which might surfice ?

I've got to admit it's odd it's got no number on the frame, as these were factory stamped before painting. I think they were actually stamped on the plate before it was even welded to the rest of the frame. Did the MoD actually go to hte bother of grinding them off or something (which must have been bloody difficult given their location) ? I can' see the point ???

Pete.
spindle666

Post by spindle666 »

morinipete wrote:Hi if it's ex-military, I would have thought it must be a UK purchase, so have an engine number (across the engine, along the line of the rear top engine mounting bolt)? You coud use the engine number as NLM sold loads of Kanguros and could place your number within a few months. Weeks possibly ?

If it has no number at all NLM, or Arthur Farrow as VMCC marque specilaist, should be able to issue a letter stating "this machine was made between X and Y", which might surfice ?

I've got to admit it's odd it's got no number on the frame, as these were factory stamped before painting. I think they were actually stamped on the plate before it was even welded to the rest of the frame. Did the MoD actually go to hte bother of grinding them off or something (which must have been bloody difficult given their location) ? I can' see the point ???

Pete.
its not that hard to get at the headstock and plate once you have taken the headlight off with the 3 rubber bands. mine has been ground off and the new number stamped on the headstock.the new frame number is sabtvr03303148087 this is a much longer than normal i know. the engine number is guoted as the same number but it is not stamped anywhere on the engine, my brother has 3 morini's and he can't find the number despite alot of looking can anyone throw some light on my problem?